Database Analyst - Cebu City, Philippines
Engineering | Cebu City, CV, Philippines
TRUSTe is the market leader in privacy management solutions, enabling businesses to optimize their e-commerce, mobile, cloud, social, and advertising channels. We are best known for our green Certified Privacy Seal now displayed on over 4,000 websites (including Apple, Disney, Groupon, Verizon, and Zynga) and seen by millions of customers each year. We are experiencing rapid growth driven by the increased use of customer data to power new online channels like targeted ads, mobileapps, and cloud services – and the corresponding demands from consumers and regulators for more transparency and control over this data usage. Businesses turn to TRUSTe to build / protect their brand, maintain compliance, and increase sales. We have strong financials, are backed by leading venture capital firms (including Accel), and have a deep and talented executive team including veterans from AOL, HP, Double Click, Google, VeriSign, and Yahoo.This position is located in Cebu City, Philippines. Learn more at www.truste.com.
We feature a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment which places heavy emphasis on innovation, teamwork, and an ongoing commitment to making the internet a safe and productive place to do business.
We offer highly competitive compensation packages.
DATABASE AND DATA ANALYST
Be a part of a fast growing Silicon Valley startup in our Cebu lab, where you will help build important and interesting technology and be part of a real Silicon Valley technology team. We are building Internet information privacy infrastructure and our intention is to make the Internet a safer place for everyone. This position may require long hours and hard work, but will be rewarded by participating in projects that literally change the world for the better. Serious candidates should be prepared to encounter challenging problems and unexpected opportunities. Some travel to San Francisco, California, USA may be required.
- Managing a complex data model and the relationship between that data model and actual data in a relational database. You will be responsible for the contents of the database and understanding how that relates to an abstract data model.
- Communicating with your corporate team in California to collect requirements and deliver results. Delivering results generally means researching products and companies on the Internet, finding the correct information and getting it into the database, without errors.
- Keeping track of various businesses and products that are important to Customers, such as Ad Networks, Mobile device companies, Applications and so forth. The person filling this position will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the data that they are responsible for collecting and maintaining and this is the most critical aspect of the position.
- Communicating with software engineers in California and Cebu as necessary. The data that you are responsible for will be used in a variety of Customer projects and the person you will be tasked with duties to support the people that are working on these projects, answering questions, finding supporting data, ensuring the quality of the data and so forth.
- Ability to deal with data, and lots of it, day in and day out with a desire to make records perfect. You must embrace data.- An example of what you might do is collect data on 10,000 iPhone apps (functions, features, policies, etc). So you will be pulling data on 100 apps at a time, review then extract data and enter into database.
- After having done work for some time, Analyst must be willing and able to take initiative and make recommendations on how to scale operations. For example, you may suggest to use certain technologies or build a new team to accomplish goals.
- Analyze all data collected in order to build effective analysis that feeds upper management reports. Your work can have an impact throughout the organization.
- A four year degree. Computer Science, I.T. or other technical degrees are preferred.
- Previous experience in a position that required taking personal responsibility for a project, communicating in English and handling a large amount of data.
- High competency in computers, Internet technologies and relational databases. Competency with SQL is required. Competency with Linux and the linux shell is a big plus.
- Excellent English and Excellent communication skills. - Proficiency at writing reports, using Word processors and spreadsheets.
- Hard working, willing to crank on projects for hours - willing to do this individually (music OK!).
To all recruitment agencies: TRUSTe does not accept unsolicited agency resumes without executing a staffing services agreement and commencing a specific search by TRUSTe’s human resources department. Please do not forward resumes to TRUSTe’s career jobs alias or its employees. TRUSTe is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.