Engineering | Phoenix, AZ | Full Time
The Systems Engineer is a key contributor to the mission by providing day to day server, computer, network and storage support. Building and managing all aspects of network (route/switch/firewall/load balance), server, virtualization, security, storage, and email/collaboration platforms. Building, supporting and maintaining the enterprise LAN/WAN infrastructure.
- Assist in overseeing the performance of the network and servers
- Provide support for server hardware failures and assisting with hardware replacement or installation
- Provide configuration management and security compliance for the infrastructure
- Manage installation, configuration, setup, testing, troubleshooting and documentation
- Decommission servers/networks and associated equipment and hardware
- Perform system backups and restoration of systems as required
- Maintain and support security policy, implementing security measures to protect data
- Monitor and perform data integrity, backup/restore, capacity planning, and disaster recovery procedures on assigned platform(s)
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network problems
- Perform audits, preventative maintenance, updates, patch management, and upgrades
- Support network and system related projects
- Complete service requests or incidents tickets in support of the infrastructure
- 24/7 on call network and system support ensuring optimum network functionality
- Networking skills including routing, switching, BGP, firewalls, VPN, load balancers, proxies, and servers
- Linux experience required (Ubuntu experience a plus)
- Virtualization experience required (Proxmox experience a plus)
- Understanding of Zone Based Security and VLAN's
- Ability to work with limited oversight while maintaining a high level of productivity
- Understand the need for and consistently practice effective teamwork with others
- Ability to interact with personnel on all levels to resolve issues and provide solutions in a timely manner
- Capable of prioritizing and managing assignments and tasks to completion with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a detail oriented approach while multitasking in a fast paced environment.
- Variable work hours, including evenings and weekends, may be required due to the nature of installed technologies and utilization requirements.
About the Company:
TrustCor is a global provider of internet security and privacy solutions for businesses and individuals worldwide.