Customer Success Manager
Operations | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Customer Success Manager
Location: US – San Francisco
TruSignal unlocks Big Data to power digital marketing for Brands, Agencies, and Platforms. We are a new breed of data provider focusing on identity-based targeting. TruSignal uses big data, predictive analytics, and technology to deliver highly customized audiences and data solutions. In short, we help our marketing clients identify and target people, not segments.
TruSignal develops highly customized TruAudiences that are more precise because they are built for a specific brand and marketing objective, using 1,000s of validated offline data points and predictive signals derived from actual customers. In addition, TruSignal’s specialized audiences enable marketers to target specific, niche audiences with great accuracy and granularity. Finally, TruSignal provides highly accurate data attributes to fuel marketing platforms and user experience optimization technologies.
Marketers use TruSignal audiences and data solutions to increase the scale and efficiency of programmatic branding campaigns, to acquire new high-value prospects they are not reaching today, to improve direct response campaign CPA’s and directly target existing customer lists.
We seek an experienced Customer Success professional who will be key individual contributor with an opportunity to grow into a strategic management position very quickly with proven results. You are responsible for driving revenue and preventing churn from existing customers. You will be the subject matter expert during the sales process for prospects, onboard new customers, own customer relationships, create account plans, present QBRs to the Exec team, and drive customer satisfaction and retention. The end goal is creating real business value for our customers to win renewals and up-sell opportunities.
We are looking for an exceptional individual who enjoys being a thought leader and excels at developing relationships. The ideal candidate is an experienced strategic customer success or account management professional with a proven track record of driving customer satisfaction and growing revenue. The successful candidate will also possesses strong analytics skills and has experience with digital marketing campaign execution.
You desire to be part of a company on the cutting edge of advertising technology. It is important that you thrive in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment because you are flexible, adaptable, articulate, and think quickly on your feet. You work hard and are self-motivated. You enjoy counseling customers to become a trusted partner. Customers trust your guidance and love working with you. You are professionally persistent and always do the right thing for the customer. You are focused on customer results and growing your company’s revenues and profits.
TruSignal is headquartered in San Francisco, CA (SOMA district) with an office in St. Cloud, MN and several other staff working remotely around the country. This position will be based in the San Francisco headquarters and reports to the Vice President of Customer Success and Operations. This role will support customers across the US. Expect some travel to meet with customers face-to-face.
- Work with field sales during and through the initial engagement.
- Own day-to-day customer success management. Build productive ongoing relationships with direct advertiser marketing teams, advertising agencies, and agency trading desks.
- Consult with customers on digital marketing and data-driven targeting best practices. Act as an expert in targeting data, predictive modeling, and execution strategies for display, video, mobile, and social media campaigns.
- Must be able to create internal account plans that are based on customer strategy, executional goals, and KPI-driven targets.
- Analyze campaign performance reports to determine campaign success, identify execution problems, and suggest opportunities for optimization.
- Grow revenue for assigned accounts. Identify new business opportunities and up-sell/cross-sell opportunities.
- Familiarity with SaaS-based pricing models.
- Strong relationship and customer success management skills. Orientation toward cross-selling and growing revenue in existing accounts using a consultative sales approach.
- Experience working directly with advertisers. Must be comfortable working with all levels within the customer - from digital campaign manager to CMO.
- Expertise working with advertising agencies, trading desks, and/or media platforms.
- Knowledgeable in online media, audience targeting, algorithmic or predictive-analytic modeling, programmatic buying, underlying technologies, and the entire ad tech ecosystem.
- Superb analytical skills. Ability to parse campaign data, distill insights, and present a concise story.
- Articulate and persuasive. Confident and polished communication style.
- Strong work ethic. Self-motivated. Comfortable working independently. Proactive. Pleasantly persistent.
- Expert with Excel spreadsheets. Skilled at developing visual presentations and proposals in Word, PowerPoint, Keynote and Pages. Comfortable working with Salesforce.com as a detailed system-of-record
Background & Experience:
- Minimum of 5-7 years of customer success, account management, or sales engineering experience.
- Experience with technology-based online advertising or marketing solutions (e.g. ad targeting products, data, CRM, DMP platforms, ad networks, DSP platforms, analytics platforms, search, email platforms, marketing automation platforms).
- Comfortable in a startup environment. Experience working with new products.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university