E-commerce Marketing Lead
Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
At TruLocal, we’re on a mission to create the world’s most successful e-commerce marketplace for local, brick and mortar retail by enabling consumers to find, buy and receive goods and services as efficiently as they do from virtual retailers. We are looking for an E-commerce Marketing Lead who's excited about working with their communities and share our values.
Strong local businesses allow for thriving communities.
The strength of local communities comes from their unique characteristics.
In innovation, simplifying the complicated, and democratizing technology.
In the entrepreneurial spirit.
We offer comprehensive benefits and a purpose driven, committed team to work with!
As the e-commerce marketing lead, you will have responsibility for the strategy, operations, and performance of the TruLocal.com e-commerce marketplace. This is a unique opportunity to work with a talented team of digital marketers. This role requires you to be highly analytical, entrepreneurial, collaborative, and understand today’s retail customer journey. You have demonstrated successful hands-on experience with all elements required to lead a profitable retail e-commerce operation. You understand how to influence others and actively collaborate with cross-functional partners in key supporting organizations to create and optimize omni-channel customer experiences.
· Support strategy: support and influence the strategy for the e-commerce marketplace
· Lead operating approach: build and drive the business plan, roadmap, and key metrics for e-commerce, including traffic (SEM/SEO), site engagement, social channels, email, and other local development opportunities.
· Lead e-commerce business operations: lead the day-to-day activities required to run an e-commerce business, including marketing promotions, merchandising, email, and retention activities.
· Drive customer acquisition and topline growth: increase customer base through SEM/SEO, content marketing and other local advertising campaigns; optimize key KPIs, including cost per acquisition (CPA) and return on ad spend (ROAS).
· Drive customer engagement, conversion, and retention: drive site conversion, increase repeat shopping rates through innovative retention and loyalty programs, and increase customer lifetime value.
· Lead digital customer experiences: influence and inform business requirements for the e-commerce product roadmap in close collaboration with the product management lead.
· Demonstrate digital thought leadership: develop new and creative growth strategies for new customer experiences with positive business outcomes (e.g. site traffic, revenue, profitability, customer retention).
· Create and analyze business scorecards: inform and engage key cross-functional leaders with regular and ad hoc e-commerce reporting, detailing business performance for customer, business, and funnel KPIs.
· Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university in Business, Marketing, or a related area of study
· 7+ years’ experience in digital business, e-commerce, omnichannel retailing
· Experience with direct-to-consumer brands
· Experience onboarding and optimizing various e-commerce technologies and third-party platforms including e-commerce platforms (Shopify, Big Commerce), marketing “hubs” (Adobe, Salesforce, Oracle), content management systems, site search, site analytics, and email marketing, among others
· Proven ability to build relationships, collaborate, and achieve business outcomes
· Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, high-energy environment that requires multitasking and implementing high priority initiatives
· Proven analytical skills and ability to gather and interpret e-commerce and customer data; test/learn mindset with experience optimizing all aspects of an e-commerce business
· Ability to manage and prioritize multiple complex projects
· Ability to create a financial plan and execute it, identifying risks and opportunities
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to influence other teams and drive focus on current priorities (fluency in Excel, Powerpoint, and Word a must)
· Excellent people and project management skills, including collaboration with a diverse team of internal and external resources
· Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
· Ability to deliver business outcomes and work at a hands-on, detailed level
· Affinity for local retail
TruLocal provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected byfederal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training