TrueFacet Operations Intern
Operations | new york, NY | Full Time and Part Time
TrueFacet Operations Intern
Are you interested in disrupting the luxury jewelry industry and being part of the next great start-up in the sharing economy? Are you customer focused and thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment?
TrueFacet, a New York City based start-up, is the luxury marketplace where individuals can shop and sell jewelry and watches with confidence. We’re a fast-paced collaborative environment that requires someone who is flexible, detail-oriented, analytical, and finds comfort working with multiple teams, vendors, partners, and management.
The position of Operations Intern is an opportunity for the right individual to join a growing Operations team. Reporting to the Leader of Operations, the primary purpose of this position is to support the order fulfillment process. You will play an integral role in delivering on our promise to provide our customers with high quality, luxury watches and jewelry. The right candidate will blend strong critical thinking skills, is detail-oriented and cool under pressure.
You’re an energetic self-starter who seeks a challenging position on a growing Operations team. You desire to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment where your strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize competing priorities allow you to excel.
You’re innovative. Your ability to look at people and processes differently allows you to transform how a workgroup operates and to build efficiency.
You have strong critical thinking and analytical skills. You can easily spot trends and enjoy using numbers to tell a story. Your strong written and verbal communication skills allow you to easily and effectively deliver valuable recommendations to the business in a precise, concise and direct manner.
- Support the entire ordering process, from inbounding items to packaging them for delivery
- Coordinate with jewelry and watch vendors to procure items in a timely manner
- Develop valuation reports for customer purchases
- Maintain accurate internal and Paypal tracking records
- Develop, maintain and distribute a regular reporting package (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly)
- Support consignment, trade-in and make-an-offer processes, including inbounding and labeling of items, tracking of inventory, and maintaining accurate record keeping
- Support repairs and returns process
- Maintain a clean and organized operations workspace at the end of each day
- Follow all security procedures thoroughly
- Deliver special projects upon request
- Bachelor’s degree required, or currently working toward a degree. Appropriate areas of study include Business, Finance, Statistics, Engineering and Computer Science.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
- Detailed oriented, organized and follows up on time
- Entrepreneurial and thrives in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous culture
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work comfortably and professionally in a dynamic and collaborative environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to prioritize multiple assignments and meet all deadlines with minimal supervision and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet business and workgroup needs
- Luxury jewelry and/or watch experience a plus
Compensation & Benefits
- $13 per hour
- Flexible vacation and sick days
- Work environment that emphasizes collaboration, community, fun, and creativity
- Relaxed dress code
Cover Letter Requirement
In your cover letter, tell us about your greatest failure or your greatest accomplishment.
TrueFacet is a New York City based e-commerce marketplace for modern luxury where experts validate the integrity of each and every item ensuring you can shop and sell jewelry with confidence. We’re looking for ambitious and enthusiastic folks to join and grow within the company.