TrueFacet Director of Concierge
Operations | new york, NY | Full Time
Director of Concierge
Are you interested in disrupting the luxury jewelry industry and being part of the next great start-up in the sharing economy? Are you customer focused and thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment?
TrueFacet, a New York City based start-up, is the luxury marketplace where individuals can shop and sell jewelry and watches with confidence. We’re a fast-paced collaborative environment that requires someone who is flexible, detail-oriented, analytical, and finds comfort working with multiple teams, vendors, partners, and management.
The position of Director of Concierge is an opportunity for the right individual to lead a growing customer support team. Reporting to the VP of Operations, the primary purpose of this position is to lead and drive the team in delivering the best top-class service to our customers. You will play an integral role in delivering on our promise to provide our customers with high quality, luxury watches and jewelry, and build loyalty among our customers.
The right candidate will have a ‘customer first’ mind-set and a know-how of driving ‘customer experience’, while blending strong critical thinking skills, is detail-oriented and cool under pressure.
You are a strong and proactive problem-solver experienced in driving outstanding results using proven performance management practices. You thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and aren’t hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. You are a strategic thinker, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
You’re an energetic self-starter who seeks a challenging position on a growing customer service team. You desire to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment where your strong problem-solving skills and ability to adapt allow you to excel.
You obsess over customers. You work tirelessly to build and keep their trust. You know what customers want, and are able to anticipate their needs. You delight in delivering them a world-class experience.
You’re an owner. You own your performance and never say “that’s not my job”. You speak up and ask questions, challenging respectfully when necessary. You understand the impact of your work and partner with peers across departments.
- Driving and building a best in class customer experience across the board, and leading a team culture of customer obsession every day.
- Leading the Concierge team and managing daily customer support operations.
- Manages and accomplishes objectives by orienting, training, coaching, counseling employees; assisting in management of team schedules; communicating job expectations; planning, goal setting, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Meets/exceeds customer support operations goals by applying strong management practices to monitor and analyze performance and service levels; identifying and resolving operational and capacity issues; identifying and resolving problems; preparing and completing action plans; promoting and driving process improvement and quality assurance programs; and collaborating with CS support teams to implement improvement initiatives.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in customer service operations; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Manages regular customer satisfaction surveys, compiling customer feedback and developing action plans to address support opportunities
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for new and different requests and works closely with senior leadership to create and execute customer support growth strategies.
- Provides a consistently high-end customer experience by maintaining the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism, and offers consistent and thorough follow up on customer issues
- Special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of professional customer support leadership
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Word
- Proven track record in understanding customer concerns and developing resolutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders, and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with minimal supervision and strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical, reasoning and problem solving skills
- Passion for luxury watches and jewelry. Prior experience in the space preferred.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to prioritize multiple assignments with minimal supervision
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work comfortably and professionally in a dynamic and ambiguous environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (including weekends) to meet business and workgroup needs.
- Competitive compensation package, including stock options and bonus potential
- Flexible vacation and sick days
- Work environment that emphasizes collaboration, community, fun, and creativity
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Discounts on amazing jewelry and watches!
- You'll be a key employee in a fast-growing exciting NY based company!
TrueFacet is a New York City based marketplace for modern luxury where experts validate the integrity of each and every item ensuring you can shop and sell jewelry with confidence. We’re the fastest growing jewelry/watch marketplace backed by top venture capital investors. Learn more at www.TrueFacet.com