Operations | new york, NY | Full Time
Are you interested in disrupting the luxury jewelry industry and being part of the next great start-up in the sharing economy? Are you customer focused and thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment?
TrueFacet, a New York City based start-up, is the luxury marketplace where individuals can shop and sell jewelry and watches with confidence. We’re a fast-paced collaborative environment that requires someone who is flexible, detail-oriented, analytical, and finds comfort working with multiple teams, vendors, partners, and management.
The position of Gemologist/Appraiser is an opportunity for the right individual to join a growing Operations team. Reporting to the Head of Operations, the primary purpose of this position is to support the quality control process. You will play an integral role in delivering on our promise to provide our customers with high quality, luxury watches and jewelry. The right candidate will blend strong critical thinking skills, is detail-oriented and cool under pressure.
You’re an energetic self-starter who seeks a challenging position on a growing Operations team. You desire to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment where your strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize competing priorities allow you to excel.
You have an affinity for luxury jewelry and watch brands. You study the history of top brands and appreciate the beauty of finely crafted jewelry.
You never say, "That's not my job". You roll up your sleeves and do what is needed to get the job done.
- Authentication and appraisal of diamond and colorstone jewelry
- Assisting with inventory control
- Assisting with products related to fine jewelry and watches
- Coordinating repair and refurbishment of jewelry with 3rd party jewelers and sellers
- Design and implement various process improvement initiatives
- GIA Graduate Gemologist or equivalent experience
- Able to grade mounted diamonds (color, clarity, and approximate carat weights)
- Familiar with branded market value of fine jewelry and watches
- Effective project management skills
- Initiative, drive, common sense, creative flair and flexibility essential
- At least 3 years of hands on experience
- Detailed oriented, organized and follows up on time
- Computer skills should include email and Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Word and Excel)
- Ability to work comfortably and professionally in a dynamic and collaborative environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to prioritize multiple assignments and meet all deadlines with minimal supervision and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet business and workgroup needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Must be 18 years or older
- Authorized to work in the US
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Flexible vacation and sick days
- Work environment that emphasizes collaboration, community, fun, and creativity
- This is a full-time position
TrueFacet is a New York City-based e-commerce marketplace for modern luxury, where experts validate the integrity of each and every item, ensuring customers can shop and sell jewelry with confidence. We’re looking for ambitious and enthusiastic folks to join and grow within the company.