Accounting | new york, NY | Full Time
TrueFacet.com, a fast growing - designer jewelry marketplace that has been featured in Forbes, Bloomberg, WSJ and more, is looking for a full-time Controller to join their growing team in NYC. You will be joining the company at a high-growth stage and will be responsible for accounting, and office activities and processes. The position is conveniently located in midtown, and reports to the two co-founders.
- Manage accounting policies and processes across the company
- Ensure accurate reporting in revenue recognition, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, month end close and other accounting operations to ensure timely financial reporting
- Oversee all accounting activities to include accurate and timely reporting of the Company’s financials
- Analyze financial statements to ensure company is on plan
- Perform detailed review of monthly financial statements with CEO and COO
- Continue to improve, monitor and enforce internal controls, policies and procedures to manage and guide financial decisions and scale the business
- Manage external audit process
- Work with other teams across the company to implement proper tools for accounting efficiency
- Work with the CEO and COO to manage budgets
- Make sound recommendations to enhance efficiency of accounting and reporting functions
- Degree in Accounting, CPA and strong accounting experience required
- 5+ years of related professional experience, including management experience
- Initiatives taker and demonstrate the ability to initiate change and improvement in accounting policies and practices, as well as, business processes and procedures
- Candidate must demonstrate proficiency in standard IT and analytical tools, including significant experience in an ERP systems environment (e.g., NetSuite, Sales Force) and with Excel
- A highly motivated individual who can work independently and is comfortable with some level of ambiguity
- Good written and verbal communication skills to communicate efficiently with clients and vendors
- Excellent organization skills
- Attention to accuracy and detail.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and sense of ownership.
· Competitive compensation
· Stock options
· Medical, dental and vision insurance
· You'll be a key employee in a fast-paced exciting NY based startup!
· Flexible vacation and sick days
· Work environment that emphasizes collaboration, community, fun, and creativity
· Pre-tax commuter benefits
· Discounts on amazing jewelry and watches!
We are a community of jewelry aficionados, all dedicated to bringing you a transparent experience everyday, where you can shop and sell designer jewelry and watches by Cartier, Rolex, David Yurman, and many more!
We've worked with and manufactured for top jewelry brands, and have helped 10's of thousands of customers find their authentic jewelry purchase. Combined with our best in class technology expertise from top e-commerce companies, our team aims to deliver smiles everyday.
Our company is venture capital backed by top investors and have amazing advisors! We were also part of TechStars, one of the top accelerators in the world.