Sr. UX Designer
Product | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
At Trifacta, we’re designing a product for a growing group of users who have a very real pain. Cleaning and structuring data is both a crucial and difficult activity, a process that traditionally requires a huge amount of time and effort. We believe that transforming data shouldn’t be a painful problem and that user-centered design is particularly well suited to creating simple, intuitive, and enjoyable solutions. This is a lofty goal in a space that is traditionally deprived of usable products.
As designers, we recognize, perhaps more than anybody else, the value of professional tools capable not only to accommodate our needs but also to empower and inspire us in our everyday work. Our mission (and our passion) is providing our users with these same great experiences. And our target users are tough ones: smart, skilled, incredibly task-driven data analysts with unique mental models. We are facing big challenges here: building modern data tools for a large variety of users and needs in a complex and incredibly dynamic context. How can we support them in the shift from spreadsheets to the complexity of big data? How can we give users the ability to understand the impact of their work across data, projects, and organizations?
We are looking for a talented Senior Product Designer to help us tackling these hard challenges by working from the beginning to the end of product building, from generating new ideas to crafting detailed microinteractions. You will participate in the definition of a new generation of products capable of combining user inputs and machine learning technologies to accomplish complex tasks in simple, enjoyable ways. Come be part of an incredibly passionate, talented and diverse team in which collaboration and mutual respect are key.
What You will be Doing (Responsibilities):
- You will articulate and convey designs via scenarios, sketches, storyboards and presentations, lo- and hi-fi mockups, detailed interaction specs, prototypes or animations.
- You’ll drive your designs forward through every step of the design process and know what details matter at each stage: formative research, conceptual and interaction design, prototyping, and usability studies. Through this process we’d rather you show than tell.
- You will work closely with PMs to discover and understand user needs and requirements. We hope you can help us defining what we should build, not just how to build it.
- You will work closely with engineers to understand technical considerations and implement our designs down to the last detail.
- You will contribute to the design, documentation and publishing of our design system.
- Our company and processes are ever-changing, so we hope you can embrace and influence the change to make Trifacta a better place.
A Little Bit About You (Requirements):
- You have a minimum of 3 years of industry experience in product design with a proven track record of success. You can share several great examples of real work you've shipped, and what you learned along the way.
- You've shipped enterprise products and you feel comfortable working with and for data, juggling technical constraints and gnarly details. You know how to work with and motivate engineers to get the fit and finish right.
- You're a generalist with a strong focus on UI and UX. You are passionate about building users interfaces and crafting beautiful and intuitive interactions leveraging the latest web technologies.
- You have thorough knowledge and experience across a range of design approaches, methodologies and prototyping skills.
- You obsess over details and are excited to polish until your work is pixel-perfect.
- You have strong written & verbal communication and presentation skills.
- You are able to manage and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Our team deeply values collaboration. You are passionate and committed to working with other designers and across disciplines to drive change into products. You’re confident, but willing to learn. We want to learn from you too!
A Little Bit About Us:
- Convenient SF financial district location - located conveniently right in front of the Montgomery BART station.
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up.
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance for employees and their dependents.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave to let our new parents spend valuable time with their loved ones.
- Unlimited vacation policy so employees can take time off as needed.
- Annual continuing-education stipend for each employee to use for conferences, workshops, memberships, etc.
- Access to a free onsite gym in our sister building.
- Weekly EAT Club lunch stipend.
- Hot breakfast in office once a week and unlimited snacks and drinks in office.
- Lots of opportunity to learn through skills exchanges, hack weeks, as well as guest lecturers.
- Annual company kickoff trip.
**Please include URLs for an online portfolio in addition to resume. Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered.**