Data Scientist / Engineer
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Trifacta is the best software platform for data transformation and preparation. We help businesses unlock the value of their data by enabling users to easily transform raw, complex data into clean and structured inputs for analysis. We are powering Google Dataprep, wrangling the world’s largest data sets, and have been used by analysts at over 10,000 companies in 143 countries.
With all this data, we’re looking for talented data scientists to join the Data Science team to help us better understand our users and build better products. If you are data curious, excited about deriving insights from data, and motivated by having impact on the business, we want to hear from you.
- Work closely with product and business teams to identify important questions and answer them with data
- Apply statistical models on large datasets to: i) measure results and outcomes, ii) identify causal impact and attribution, iii) predict future performance of users
- Drive the collection of new data and refinement of existing data sources
- Identify the shared data needs across Trifacta and build efficient data pipelines to meet these needs. Operationalize and maintain key derived data sets for the business. Enable data driven decisions across the organization.
- Design, analyze, and interpret the results of experiments.
- 3+ years experience working with and analyzing large data sets to solve problems
- BS, MS, or PhD. in a quantitative field (eg. EECS, Physics, Math, or Statistics)
- Expert knowledge of a scientific computing language (such as Python or R) and SQL
- Solid understanding of statistics, machine learning, and experimental design
- Expertise in building and maintaining reliable ETL jobs
- The ability to communicate results clearly and a focus on driving impact