Engineering | Berlin, Germany | Full Time
Did you always wanted to work in a startup environment with bleeding edge technology in Big Data, Machine Learning and Data Transformation Technology ?
Can you picture yourself working at the company that redefines Data Preparation for Big Data ?
Then this is the chance you’ve been waiting for!
We are looking for an outstanding and passionate Application Engineer for our Berlin team who is excited about technology as much as we are.
We are Trifacta - We are powering Google Dataprep and we are wrangling the world's largest data sets. Our state of the art Photon engine ushered in a new age of performance thanks to our unique and patented Data Wrangling optimizations.
Trifacta is the recognized leader in Data Wrangling. We literally wrote the book on Data Wrangling. Trifacta is backed by venture capital firms Accel, Greylock and Ignition Partners and is headquartered in San Francisco.
- The Application Engineer, as part of our Technical Support Team, will work closely with Trifacta developers to provide high-quality support to our customers.
- Tasks essential to this position include:
- Troubleshoot incoming customer problems via email, phone or WebEx
- Work with existing global teams and developers to provide resolution to customer issues.
- Research and respond to customer requests and provide detailed explanations to address questions and concerns from the world’s largest Big Data implementations
- Support the release process of new versions of Trifacta products.
- Willingness to work hours as needed in order to support our customers. This position may requires participation in an off-hours On-Call Rotation.
- Create and share knowledge with other engineers and develop customer solutions efficiently
- Self-starter with the ability to work within a fantastic global team
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Accurate and logical problem solving techniques, strong communication skills, and the ability to work in a team environment under pressure.
- Solid understanding of Relational Database Concepts
- Advanced User level knowledge UNIX/Linux
- Ability to quickly assimilate complex problems and develop a resolution strategy.
- Team player with a customer-focused attitude who enjoys working in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of the Big Data ecosystem, or experience with Big Data vendors like Cloudera, Hortonworks, Google Cloud Platform or Amazon EMR is a big plus