Software Engineering Manager
Engineering | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Software Engineering Manager
Welcome to Tribogenics, a culture rich in discovery and technological innovation. Today, our new proprietary triboluminescence technology is transforming the world of portable X-ray by eliminating the need for costly, high voltage using a process similar to static electricity (known as the triboelectric effect) to generate X-rays. We’ve already commercialized our new technology, launching a family of Watson™ high performing, XRF metal analyzers for industrial applications. Our work has only just begun. We are expanding our discovery, developing meaningful solutions for consumer, industrial, medical and security applications.
Lead full life cycle software development for a family of products based on the unique Tribogenics x-ray generating technology. Design, develop, test and maintain software user interface, components and drivers of portable x-ray based devices. Define the software architecture, documentation and verification testing strategy. Position requires knowledge and experience of software architecture and design as well as C/C++ object-oriented programming in cross-platform environments such as QT on Linux or Windows.
Responsibilities of this Position:
· Design, develop, document and maintain the software architecture.
· Provide technical leadership and define, develop, and evolve software using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure.
· Translate requirements into design, and deliver to required timelines and quality standards.
· Determine and create detailed design for each assigned code modules.
· Develop automated test wrappers for each code module.
· Implement code modules in C, C++, C# and Java depending on requirements and fully document code modules and integrate code modules with other system components.
· Construct overall test strategy and perform unit, functional and integration and related software V&V testing. Publish protocols and test reports.
· Maintain software bug tracking system. Write and publish software release packages which include known bugs. Create system error codes and track.
• Publish a full suite of documentation such as software architecture, software design description, software development plan, software requirement specifications, traceability and bug tracking, software verification and validation plans
Requirements of the Position:
· A minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar degree with commensurate experience required. A Master’s degree is preferred.
· Eight or more years of professional C/C++, C# or Java experience required with demonstrated deliverables including code, documentation and team leadership.
· Multi-threaded programming experience required.
· Experience in all phases of the development lifecycle including design, implementation, debug, verification and validation required,
· Experience with development of medical instrumentation that are in compliance with US FDA regulations preferred.
· Experience preferred in at least three of the following areas: Image Processing, Graphical User Interfaces, OpenGL, Network programming with TCP/IP sockets, Robotics, PID Control Systems and cross-platform development tools (such as QT, Boost).
· As an individual researcher this position requires application of company safety and quality policies and procedures, assisting as a staff consultant on technical issues and the identification and protection of intellectual property related to the treatment device. Support of regulatory submission, QA and ISO registration activities is also required.