Engineering | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
The Mechanical Engineer will support the entire R&D team while focusing support on the x-ray source research and development efforts. This position spans the full product life cycle from concepts and initiation of design control through transfer to production and sustaining engineering.
Responsibilities of this Position:
- Responsibilities of this positon includes all aspects of the mechanical design, development and commercialization from initial program planning through system verification and validation and readiness for commercialization. This also includes performing FMEA and Hazards analysis as well as implementing resulting corrective actions. Additionally, assurance of seamless integration with the system software and user interface.
- The scope of this position also includes responsibility for mechanical engineering activities such as creating and maintaining product drawing structures, design and build of complex test systems and integration of system subcomponents.
- Additional responsibilities for this position include independent decision making on engineering problems and methods, development of models and prototype components and the identification of production requirements for x-ray based industrial & medical devices.
- And as an individual researcher this position requires application of company safety and quality policies and procedures, assisting as a staff consultant on technical issues and the identification and protection of intellectual property. Support of regulatory submission, QA and ISO registration activities is also required.
Requirements of the Position:
- Minimum BS in Mechanical Engineering with 10 or more years of related experience in a regulated industry such as medical devices or aerospace. A MS degree in Mechanical Engineering with 5 or more years of experience is desirable
- Demonstrated mastery of theoretical and practical mechanical engineering fundamentals with demonstrated individual accomplishments.
- Experience with CAD design of engineering prototypes, test fixtures and general machine design practices required. Knowledge of SolidWorks or similar is required. Familiarity with FEA is desired.
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a cross-functional technical team environment while independently executing complex tasks, providing clear direction and communicating detailed recommendations and results.
- Understanding of theoretical and practical fundamentals of x-ray source operation and the role of mechanical system design and precision assemblies as applied to these sources is a plus.
- Demonstrated skills in multiple component integration with internal and vendor sourced piece parts and sub-assemblies. Proven competency with program management, project planning and clear execution to timing and schedule.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage in a cross-functional technical team environment while independently executing complex tasks, providing clear direction and communicating detailed recommendations and results.