Director of X-ray Engineering
Engineering | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Tribogenics is a company with culture rich in discovery and technological innovation. Today, our new proprietary triboluminescence technology is transforming the world of portable X-ray by eliminating the need for costly, high voltage using a process similar to static electricity (known as the triboelectric effect) to generate X-rays. We’ve already commercialized our new technology, launching a family of Watson™ high performing, XRF metal analyzers for industrial applications.
Our work has only just begun. We are expanding our discovery, developing meaningful solutions for consumer, industrial, medical and security applications, and to do this we need more experts to join our team. We have an opening for Director of our X-ray Engineering Team.
- Within the scope of this position includes the responsibility for directing the development of unique x-ray source products based on the triboelectric charging principle and integrating these x-ray source into handheld and benchtop industrial and medical devices. Also included is responsibility for the full life cycle of the x-ray source products including sustaining engineering of devices in production.
- Additionally, through design control apply and instill into the team stage gate development principles such as design verification, validation, human elements and risk managements. Create an organization that is built on statistics and data driven decision making.
- As an organizational leader this position requires application of company safety and quality policies and procedures, assisting as a staff consultant on technical issues and the identification and protection of intellectual property related to the x-ray source and overall system design. Support of regulatory submission, QA and ISO registration activities is also required.
Requirements of the Position:
- BS degree in Physics, Engineering or other relevant disciplines, an MS degree a plus, with a minimum of 5 years in leadership of functional or program teams with demonstrated deliverables.
- Understanding of theoretical and practical fundamentals of electron tube design, development and production is preferred. Working knowledge of power tubes such as klystrons, magnetrons or x-ray tubes. Experience with relevant areas of engineering sciences such as material processes, high voltage design and electrical controls.
- Proven skills in all aspects of product development through commercial production with demonstrated individual accomplishments. Proven competency with program management, project planning and clear execution to budget and schedule.
- Knowledge of design control fundamentals, stage gate phase development and experience in creating verification and validation documentation and executing protocols. A working knowledge of quality systems and applicable regulatory concerns related to x-ray generating devices.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage in a cross-functional technical team environment while independently executing complex tasks, providing clear direction and communicating detailed recommendations and results.
- Demonstrated skills in multiple component integration with internal and vendor sourced piece parts and sub-assemblies.