Internal Application: Safety & Security Officer
Building Maintenance | Gaylord, MI | Full Time
Treetops Resort offers guests a true northern Michigan retreat with over 2,100 breathtaking acres, 81 holes of championship golf, including Threetops, North America’s #1 Par 3 course, and 23 ski slopes. Treetops Resort caters to all kinds of guests, from sports professionals and celebrities to business executives and families.
Recently, Treetops Resort secured $4.5 million to aid in resort renovations and improvements to the Lodge and the Inn. This modernization project marks an exciting next chapter at Treetops Resort and the energy and anticipation are high as work is already under way! Read about our progress at http://blog.treetops.com
Complementing the ample outdoor activities are unique culinary experiences, full-service convention and event venue, and guest accommodations that will be highly sought after as the modernization project commences.
Treetops Resort is committed to offering competitive salaries and benefits. Additionally, you'll also find opportunities to expand your work experience through our commitment to ongoing training and development. Treetops Resort is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Position:
The Safety and Security Officer provides overnight patrol and security support for all Treetops properties and facilities. Regular work schedule is Wednesday through Saturday nights from 9PM to 7AM. This is a full-time year round position that is eligible for full benefits including health, vision, dental, life insurance, paid time off, and resort discounts. Starting pay is $10.00 per hour.
- Primary responsibility is patrolling the Resort and North property facilities and serving as a general security presence,
- Handling of emergency situations and reporting of incidents or accidents.,
- Handling of guests’ issues as needed, usually a housekeeping issue or minor maintenance,
- Occasionally requires on-site transporting of guests.
- Must have good communication skills, including writing daily reports.
- Basic computer knowledge (Word, Outlook)
- Professional in appearance and demeanor.
- Must be able to respond quickly and effectively to challenging situations.
- Must be able to climb stairs, bend and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires availability on weekends and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report due to driving of company vehicles.
- Previous security or safety work experience
- Competitive compensation
- Discounted employee meals
- Discounted resort merchandise
- Golf & Ski Passes
- Discounted golf & ski instruction
- Discounted room rates
- Spa discounts
- Discounted fitness membership
- Discount at our On-site Licensed Child Care Center