Restaurant Manager (Front-of-House)
Food & Beverage | Gaylord, MI | Full Time
Treetops Resort offers guests a true northern Michigan retreat with over 2,100 breathtaking acres, 81 holes of championship golf, including Threetops, North America’s #1 Par 3 course, and 23 ski slopes. Treetops Resort caters to all kinds of guests, from sports professionals and celebrities to business executives and families.
Recently, Treetops Resort secured $4.5 million to aid in resort renovations and improvements to the Lodge and the Inn. This modernization project marks an exciting next chapter at Treetops Resort and the energy and anticipation are high as work is already under way! Read about our progress at http://blog.treetops.com
Complementing the ample outdoor activities are unique culinary experiences, full-service convention and event venue, and guest accommodations that will be highly sought after as the modernization project commences.
Treetops Resort is committed to offering competitive salaries and benefits. Additionally, you'll also find opportunities to expand your work experience through our commitment to ongoing training and development. Treetops Resort is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Position:
The F&B Manager is responsible for leading and managing the people and daily front-of-house operations in multiple restaurant outlets. This individual ensures sanitation and alcohol compliance, oversees the inventory and ordering of beverages, optimizes profits and ensures that guests have a spectacular dining experience.
- Manage multiple F&B outlets, while promoting growth by implementing new programs and directions
- Create and maintain a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Responsible for direct supervision of front of house food and beverage team members to ensure policies and procedures are enforced and followed.
- Monitoring daily activities to ensure quality food and local health standards.
- Responsible for beverage menu cost control, labor cost control and achieving budget forecasts.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in dining room supervision
- Demonstrated understanding of P&L statements, cost of goods sold and ability to maintain statistical and financial records
- Possesses effective communication and social skills to interact with guests and staff
- Demonstrated ability to handle administration and paperwork
- Associate's degree in culinary, hospitality or related field
- Competitive compensation
- Discounted employee meals
- Discounted resort merchandise
- Golf & Ski Passes
- Discounted golf & ski instruction
- Discounted room rates
- Spa discounts
- Discounted fitness membership
- Discount at our On-site Licensed Child Care Center