Internal Application: Pastry Chef
Food & Beverage | Gaylord, MI | Full Time
Treetops Resort offers guests a true northern Michigan retreat with over 2,100 breathtaking acres, 81 holes of championship golf, including Threetops, North America’s #1 Par 3 course, and 23 ski slopes. Treetops Resort caters to all kinds of guests, from sports professionals and celebrities to business executives and families.
Recently, Treetops Resort secured $4.5 million to aid in resort renovations and improvements to the Lodge and the Inn. This modernization project marks an exciting next chapter at Treetops Resort and the energy and anticipation are high as work is already under way! Read about our progress at http://blog.treetops.com
Complementing the ample outdoor activities are unique culinary experiences, full-service convention and event venue, and guest accommodations that will be highly sought after as the modernization project commences.
Treetops Resort is committed to offering competitive salaries and benefits. Additionally, you'll also find opportunities to expand your work experience through our commitment to ongoing training and development. Treetops Resort is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Position:
The Pastry Chef is responsible for the planning and execution of creative dessert and baked goods throughout the resort. This new and vital role at our resort and will work with our culinary leadership team create new dessert items that compliment and enhance our menus, banquet functions and weddings.
- Custom menu creation and execution for catering/conference services
- From scratch bread and pastries that WOW our guests
- Producing pastries for all outlets and BEO's
- MOP's and recipe documentation and execution
- Minimum of 5 years pastry experience in a resort or hotel setting or equivalent education and experience
- Ability to stand and work for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
- ACF Pastry Certification (CFPC, CPC, CWPC) or equivalent
Compensation for this full-time, year round, benefit eligible position is dependent upon experience and qualifications.
- Competitive compensation
- Discounted employee meals
- Discounted resort merchandise
- Golf & Ski Passes
- Discounted golf & ski instruction
- Discounted room rates
- Spa discounts
- Discounted fitness membership
- Discount at our On-site Licensed Child Care Center