Director of Food & Beverage
Food & Beverage | Gaylord, MI | Full Time
Treetops Resort offers guests a true northern Michigan retreat with over 2,100 breathtaking acres, 81 holes of championship golf, including Threetops, North America’s #1 Par 3 course, and 23 ski slopes. Treetops Resort caters to all kinds of guests, from sports professionals and celebrities to business executives and families.
Recently, Treetops Resort secured $4.5 million to aid in resort renovations and improvements to the Lodge and the Inn. This modernization project marks an exciting next chapter at Treetops Resort and the energy and anticipation are high as work is already under way! Read about our progress at http://blog.treetops.com
Complementing the ample outdoor activities are unique culinary experiences, full-service convention and event venue, and guest accommodations that will be highly sought after as the modernization project commences.
Treetops Resort is committed to offering competitive salaries and benefits. Additionally, you'll also find opportunities to expand your work experience through our commitment to ongoing training and development. Treetops Resort is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Position:
The Director of Food & Beverage provides strategic and operational leadership, guidance, direction and expertise for all F&B operations while ensuring profitability and guest satisfaction in all food and beverage outlets (i.e. restaurants; catering; banquets; weddings and other events; golf and ski seasonal). The successful candidate will possess impeccable leadership and communication skills; innovative and technical food & beverage knowledge; and a track record of leading profitable food and beverage operations.
- Develop, implement and manage the department’s annual budget, business/marketing plan, forecast and objectives to meet and exceed management expectations.
- Ensure compliance, including safety and sanitary regulations, with all federal, state and local regulations.
- Assist in recruitment and the development of staff.
- Maintain high level of guest satisfaction and quality, resolving any customer complaints and issues.
- Develop and manage the implementation of menus, package deals, entertainment, promotions, displays, decorations, and presentations within corporate guidelines to capture more in house guests and a larger share of the local market to meet/exceed sales and financial goals and objectives.
- Oversee the handling of cash, credit card transactions, house accounts and POS system, as well as monitoring employee attendance records and tips.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience in a hotel, resort or private club with multiple outlets
- Minimum of 3 years as a department head or senior leader
- Extensive knowledge of hotel and restaurant food and beverage operations
- Knowledge of food service techniques and cost controls
This is a full-time, year round salaried and benefit eligible position. The annual starting salary is dependent upon experience but will be $60,000 - $90,000 with additional incentives provided based upon performance of the resort and the F&B operation.
- Competitive compensation
- Discounted employee meals
- Discounted resort merchandise
- Golf & Ski Passes
- Discounted golf & ski instruction
- Discounted room rates
- Spa discounts
- Discounted fitness membership
- Discount at our On-site Licensed Child Care Center