Recreation Operations | Gaylord, MI | Full Time
Treetops Resort offers guests a true northern Michigan retreat with over 2,100 breathtaking acres, 81 holes of championship golf, including Threetops, North America’s #1 Par 3 course, and 23 ski slopes. Treetops Resort caters to all kinds of guests, from sports professionals and celebrities to business executives and families.
Recently, Treetops Resort secured $4.5 million to aid in resort renovations and improvements to the Lodge and the Inn. This modernization project marks an exciting next chapter at Treetops Resort and the energy and anticipation are high as work is already under way! Read about our progress at http://blog.treetops.com
Complementing the ample outdoor activities are unique culinary experiences, full-service convention and event venue, and guest accommodations that will be highly sought after as the modernization project commences.
Treetops Resort is committed to offering competitive salaries and benefits. Additionally, you'll also find opportunities to expand your work experience through our commitment to ongoing training and development. Treetops Resort is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Position:
The Activities Coordinator is accountable for creating activities that influence vacation decisions, seamless partnerships, impactful and profitable charity events and happy group leaders. Communication that leaves no uncertainty across the team is absolutely critical to the success of this role.
- Coordinate all activities for all golf groups up to and including catering, hospitality rooms, golf activities (proxies, cart signs, scorecards, etc.) and on/off site guest activities
- Coordinate charity events such as the Pepsi, Patriot Day, Scholarship Scramble and create others as necessary
- Develop new activities
- Create partnerships with outside vendors to deliver guest activities
- Oversee all guest activities to insure they are being delivered as promised
- Coordinate assigned groups as directed by Conference Services Manager
- Communicate as necessary to all staff via Resume Meetings, BEO meetings and other impromptu meetings
- Work in Delphi to create resumes and BEO's as assigned
- Coordinate internal activities, ongoing internal events and have people registered, such as Sleigh Ride Dinners, Skiable Feast, Ladies Golf School
- Coordinate internal events that are open public and do not require registration, such as Fourth of July, Oktoberfest, Lights Spectacular
- Coordinate volunteers and staff to ensure event/activity success
- Demonstrated Customer Service Excellence
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Possess effective time management skills
- Ability to work a varied schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Physical Requirements: Ability to bend, squat, lift up to 40 lbs, stand and walk for long periods of time
- Associates degree or higher
- Previous experience in hospitality or conference/convention services
This is a full-time year round and benefits eligible position with an expected starting salary of $30,000-35,000 per year.
- Competitive compensation
- Discounted employee meals
- Discounted resort merchandise
- Golf & Ski Passes
- Discounted golf & ski instruction
- Discounted room rates
- Spa discounts
- Discounted fitness membership
- Discount at our On-site Licensed Child Care Center