Team Travel Coordinator
Team Travel Department | Northville, MI | Full Time
Over 16 years ago in Northville, MI, TRAVELING TEAMS® was founded on the simple concept of service. Service is and has always been the #1 priority in everything we do. We decided from the beginning that TRAVELING TEAMS® will serve only youth sports. No corporate travel… No leisure travel… No other type of travel… Only youth sports! Over the years, we have invested heavily in technology to support great service to the tournament; the tournament director, the participants, the hotels, and the CVBs. As TRAVELING TEAMS® evolves, we will always keep amazing service at the forefront of our vision and model.
TRAVELING TEAMS® is a leading provider of cost-free travel accommodation services for youth sports teams and event directors. Our exceptional customer-first approach matches you with a Traveling Teams representative who ensures that your booking process is a seamless and enjoyable experience, regardless of the size of the team or event.
Team Travel Coordinator Job Overview
Enjoy a fast paced position with a lot of variety with the leading youth sports hotel booking company in North America. The Team Travel Coordinator is the face of TRAVELING TEAMS®. You will work closely with team managers and coaches to provide the ideal housing solutions to fit their team’s needs. You will assist teams by providing them knowledge of their areas of travel, provide a variety of hotel solutions, develop long term relationships with team leaders and coaches, and provide the ultimate customer service experience for every team.
This position can be very fulfilling for the right person that has a good blend of relationship building, ability to multi-task, enjoy periodic travel, and can retain knowledge of areas. Use your people skills, multi-tasking skills and ability to shine through the phone to succeed because this job has a lot of variety in a very fast paced office.
TRAVELING TEAMS® is a family-like environment with a near perfect employee retention rate each year. This means that we keep our employees and work with them to advance into positions in which they can shine.
We work hard and expect you to work hard as well. Our team environment supports company accountability and company support. You will not only represent TRAVELING TEAMS but represent all of our events and our hotel partners. You will need to ensure clear and accurate communication, have the ability to be detailed and focused. The Team Travel Coordinator will be well versed in promotions, events, rates, and other strategies to meet the client’s needs and requests.
- Works directly with team managers to coordinate room blocks for their team travel.
- Manages all group block requests for designated events, prepares all event documentation and coordinates with hotel contracting department. Interacts with hotel properties (when needed) and positively works with team manager/leader as the single point of contact to ensure consistent, high level service throughout the pre-event, event and post-event phases of property events.
- Recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events.
- Make and answer a high volume of calls and emails, maintaining a rapid response rate according to agreed standards. Log communication, where required and maintain detailed and accurate records.
- Solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements if necessary.
- Identifies operational challenges associated with his/her group and works with the property staff and customer to solve these challenges and/or develop alternative solutions.
- Communicate and liaise verbally and in writing between customers/suppliers/visitors/enquirers and relevant staff, and interpret and respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the phone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant health & safety procedures.
- Assist in any other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
College Degree is preferred but we evaluate all quality applicants. Hospitality, event, hotel, or other related experience can be equally viable. Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Hotel, customer service, sales or similar experience is preferred.
- Strong organizational, excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Positive interpersonal skills required.
- Must be fluent in verbal and written English.
- Excellent computer and typing skills are required. Excel and Word proficiency desired.
- Excellent listening and comprehension skills required.