Team Hotel Planner | Team Travel Coordinator
Team Travel Department | Northville, MI | Full Time
TRAVELING TEAMS is seeking a talented hotel front office or event professional to join our team in Northville, MI. If you love the hospitality industry, but need a change of pace; we need YOU for an invigorating new opportunity with TRAVELING TEAMS!!
- Are you a hospitality minded individual that enjoys helping others but you are tired of working odd hours, weekends, and having to clean rooms?
- Do you want to work regular hours, have holidays off, and only work weekends periodically on a scheduled basis?
- Do you dream of only working for one company but have ample opportunities to advance your career under one roof?
- Do you desire a unique office job that makes heads turn. You know, the kind of job that friends say, “I want to do what you do!”?
- Do you receive compliments on your exceptional service and multi-tasking abilities and want to showcase these talents even more?
If you answered “Yes!” to any of these questions, we invite you to help us provide phenomenal customer service and conquer the world of youth sports!
Who is TRAVELING TEAMS?
We are a very secure and established hospitality tech company with booming success for years. Founded locally 19 years ago, we are the leading youth sports housing provider with every major brand in North America.
We are a home-grown Detroit area company; yet we leave our mark in over 360 markets throughout the United States and Canada.
We are the biggest hotel you could ever imagine. Yet, we have no rooms, nothing to clean, no food or beverage, and infinite opportunities to grow.
What is this job?
Get ready to tell your friends and family how you work with some of the largest youth sporting events in the country, make an impact on other people’s lives, AND get to work for a thriving technological organization!
This is a unique job. No day is the same and no day is boring. You will have the opportunity to unriddle puzzles and get creative in fitting our customer's needs, solve problems, and develop long lasting relationships with teams. You make an ENORMOUS difference to our clients, the teams, the hotels, and our company. YOU make a difference here!
Team Travel Coordinators work closely with team managers and coaches to provide ideal housing solutions to fit their team’s needs. You will assist teams by providing them knowledge of their areas of travel, provide a variety of hotel options, develop long term relationships with team leaders and coaches, and provide the ultimate customer service experience for every team.
- Represent TRAVELING TEAMS, our events and our hotel partners. You will need to ensure clear and accurate communication, can be detailed and focused.
- Work directly with team managers to coordinate room blocks for their team travel.
- Manage all group block requests for designated events, prepares all event documentation and coordinates with hotel contracting department.
- Make and answer a high volume of calls and emails, maintaining a rapid response rate according to agreed standards. Log communication, where required and maintain detailed and accurate records.
- Solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements if necessary.
- Identify operational challenges associated with his/her group and works with the property staff and customer to solve these challenges and/or develop alternative solutions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the public.
- Assist in any other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
We are seeking experienced hotel professionals. However, it’s not a deal breaker if you don’t have hotel experience. People who do well typically have experience as front office work. Front Office Sales Coordinators, Front Desk Agents, Front Desk Managers, Front Office Managers, and Assistant General Managers from select service properties are encouraged to apply now!
- Hotel, customer service, sales or similar experience is preferred.
- Strong organizational, excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Positive interpersonal skills required.
- Must be fluent in verbal and written English.
- Excellent computer and typing skills are required. Excel and Word proficiency desired.
- Excellent listening and comprehension skills required.
We like education but like experience even more! Must have high school diploma or equivalent.