Team Hotel Planner
Hotel Front Office Professional | Northville, MI | Full Time
We are looking for talented hotel front office, sales and event professionals that need a change of pace but love the hospitality industry.
- You are a hospitality minded person that enjoys helping others but you are tired of working odd hours, weekends, and having to clean rooms.
- You want to be able to work regular hours, have every holiday off and only work weekends periodically on a scheduled basis.
- You dream of only working for one company but have ample opportunities to advance your career under one roof.
- You desire the unique office job that makes heads turn. You know, that job that friends say, “I want to do what you do!”
- You receive compliments on your service and ability to multi-task. You want to showcase this talent even more.
If this is you, we want you to help us provide amazing service and conquer the youth sports world!
Who is TRAVELING TEAMS?
We are a hospitality tech company with booming success for years. Yet we are very secure and established. We have been around for 16 years and are the leading youth sports housing provider in North America with every major brand.
We are the biggest hotel you could ever imagine. Yet we have no rooms, nothing to clean, and no food and beverage, and infinite opportunities to grow.
We are a local home-grown Detroit area company. Yet we leave our mark in over 360 markets in North America.
What is this job?
You can tell your friends and family how you work with some of the largest youth sporting events in the country, you make an impact on other people’s lives AND you get to work for a thriving technology company.
This is a unique job. No day is the same and no day is boring. You get to puzzle work, get creative with fitting people’s needs, you get to solve problems, and you get to develop relationships with teams. You make an ENORMOUS difference to our clients, the teams, the hotels, and our company. You make a difference here.
You will work closely with team managers and coaches to provide the ideal housing solutions to fit their team’s needs. You will assist teams by providing them knowledge of their areas of travel, provide a variety of hotel solutions, develop long term relationships with team leaders and coaches, and provide the ultimate customer service experience for every team.
Don’t be fooled
The most successful tech companies operate wisely. The leaders operate on solid business fundamentals and strategically invest in future technology to always stay on top. So, we didn’t bother with the bean bags and pool tables. We have standard work hours. Our employees perform well and meet standard expectations. We can be a little boring like that. However, that stability provides all employees with great company longevity and more opportunity for our employees to advance.
- Represent TRAVELING TEAMS, our events and our hotel partners. You will need to ensure clear and accurate communication, can be detailed and focused.
- Work directly with team managers to coordinate room blocks for their team travel.
- Manage all group block requests for designated events, prepares all event documentation and coordinates with hotel contracting department.
- Make and answer a high volume of calls and emails, maintaining a rapid response rate according to agreed standards. Log communication, where required and maintain detailed and accurate records.
- Solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements if necessary.
- Identify operational challenges associated with his/her group and works with the property staff and customer to solve these challenges and/or develop alternative solutions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the public.
- We have a casual dress code! But you do need to maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant health & safety procedures.
- Assist in any other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
We like education but like experience even more! Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
We are seeking experienced hotel professionals. However, it’s not a deal breaker if you don’t have hotel experience. People who do well typically have experience as front office work. Front Office Sales Coordinators, Front Desk Agents, Front Desk Managers, Front Office Managers, and Assistant General Managers from select service properties should apply now ASAP!
- Hotel, customer service, sales or similar experience is preferred.
- Strong organizational, excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Positive interpersonal skills required.
- Must be fluent in verbal and written English.
- Excellent computer and typing skills are required. Excel and Word proficiency desired.
- Excellent listening and comprehension skills required.