Reservations Specialist - Temporary Assignment
Call Center | Northville, MI | Full Time, Temporary, and Internship
Who is TRAVELING TEAMS®?
Over 17 years ago in Northville, MI, TRAVELING TEAMS® was founded on the simple concept of service. We decided from the beginning that we would only serve youth sports; and now TRAVELING TEAMS® is the leading youth sports housing provider with every major brand in over 360 markets throughout North America. Over the years, we have forged lasting relationships with national level hotels, CVBs and sports commissions. Through these relationships we have proven successful in managing the volume and prestige of any event. As TRAVELING TEAMS® evolves, we will continue to invest in state of the art technology and always keep remarkable service at the forefront of our vision and model.
What is this job?
This is a full time, temporary position from available immediately through the end of July 2018. This temporary position has great potential to turn into full time for the right person. As the hospitality industry is a 7 day per week business, we expect your flexibility and commitment to nights, weekends, and extra hours. Shifts are primarily Monday through Friday, so applicants should be available from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm during the week, but rotating weekend shifts will be required.
Our Reservations Specialists are responsible for interacting with our future hotel guests to ensure they have a great experience with each of our thousands of hotel properties. You will be tasked with making individual reservations, problem solving, inquiries about room reservations, and providing information to incoming callers. As this position will primarily assist teams in making hotel reservations, TRAVELING TEAMS® is a very fast paced environment and we wear many hats here, so you may also gain experience in other departments as well.
If you have ever said, “I’m great with people and can multi-task”, this may be the perfect job for you! Use your people skills, multi-tasking skills and ability to shine through the phone to succeed because this job has a lot of variety in a very fast paced office. You will get to interact with about a hundred people each day with a variety of questions on the thousands of events we run each year.
We work hard and expect you to work hard as well. Our team environment promotes department accountability and company support. You will not only represent TRAVELING TEAMS® but represent all of our events. You will need to ensure clear and accurate communication with incoming callers, obtaining all necessary information in order to provide each guest a room. The Reservations Specialist will be well versed in promotions, events, rates, and other strategies to meet the client’s needs and requests.
Reservations Specialist Responsibilities:
- Answer incoming calls and assist with reservations, confirmations, room need requests, and questions.
- Greet calls warmly and perform reservation procedures.
- Explain hotel details, rates, services, amenities, and other information about the hotel as requested.
- Sell, process, enter, and confirm room reservations using selling techniques and strategies.
- Maintain knowledge of our reporting system, current events and potential issues.
- Provide incoming callers with appropriate room assignments and types while up-selling when appropriate.
- Verify payment for stay including incidental costs by obtaining credit information.
- Assist incoming callers with issues and complaints, with empathy and a focus on guest satisfaction.
- Use supervisor support when necessary.
- Answer incoming calls within 3 rings with TRAVELING TEAMS® greeting.
- Assist other departments as assigned by leadership.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Positive interpersonal skills required.
- Must be fluent in verbal and written English.
- Excellent computer and typing skills are required. Excel and Word proficiency desired.
- Excellent listening and comprehension skills required.
- This position does represent the company in handling complaints, arbitrating disputes or resolving grievances, as an intern you will be expected to work with incoming callers to ensure satisfaction. Interns will have to take initiative and get creative in resolving guest challenges and involve a supervisor only when previous methods have been unsuccessful.
High school diploma or equivalent.