Reservations Specialist | Call Center Front Desk Agent
Call Center | Bingham Farms, MI | Full Time
Calling all Front Desk Agents, Front Desk Managers, Front Office Managers, and Assistant General Managers!! We need YOU for an invigorating new opportunity with TRAVELING TEAMS!!
- Do you love the hospitality industry, but need a change of pace?
- Are you tired of working late nights, holidays, and weekends?
- Do you dream of only working for only one company that encourages and provides career advancement all under one roof?
- Are you a hospitality minded individual that enjoys assisting others, but are sick of being on your feet all day?
- Do you desire a unique office role that makes heads turn? You know, the kind of job that friends say, “I want to do what you do!”
- Do you receive compliments on your exceptional service and multi-tasking abilities and want to showcase these talents even more?
If you answered “Yes!” to any of these questions, we invite you to help us provide phenomenal customer service and conquer the world of youth sports!
Who is TRAVELING TEAMS?
We are a very secure and established hospitality tech company with booming success for years. Founded locally 20 years ago, we are the leading youth sports housing provider with every major brand in North America.
We are a home-grown Detroit area company; yet we leave our mark in over 360 markets throughout the United States and Canada.
We are the biggest hotel you could ever imagine. Yet, we have no rooms, nothing to clean, no food or beverage, and infinite opportunities to grow.
What is this job?
Get ready to tell your friends and family how you work with some of the largest youth sporting events in the country, make an impact on other people’s lives, AND get to work for a thriving technological organization!
This is a unique role; no day is the same and no day is boring. You get to work as though you are solving a puzzle, getting creative in fitting people’s needs and resolving problems, all while developing team relationships. You make an ENORMOUS difference to our clients, the teams, the hotels, and our company. YOU make a difference here!
You will work closely with team managers and coaches to provide ideal housing solutions to fit their team’s needs. You will assist teams by providing them expert knowledge of their areas of travel with a variety of hotel solutions, develop long term relationships with team leaders and coaches, and provide the ultimate customer service experience for every team.
- Represent TRAVELING TEAMS, our events and our hotel partners. You will need to ensure clear and accurate communication, attention to detail and focus.
- Warmly answer incoming calls to assist with reservations, confirmations, special requests, and questions.
- Make and answer a high volume of calls and emails, maintaining a rapid response rate according to agreed standards. When required, log communication with detailed and accurate records.
- Review hotel details, rates, services, amenities, and other information regarding the hotel as requested.
- Solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements if necessary.
- Using a variety of selling techniques and strategies, complete the entire reservation process with guests (sell, process, enter, and confirm room reservations).
- Maintain knowledge of our cutting edge reporting system, current events, and potential issues.
- Verify payment for stay including incidental costs by obtaining credit card information.
- With a focus on guest satisfaction and empathy, assist incoming callers resolve issues and complaints.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and the public.
- We have a casual dress code! However, you do need to maintain regular, consistent, and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures.
- Utilize supervisor support when necessary.
- Assist in any other tasks as assigned.
We value education, but like experience even more! Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
We are seeking experienced hospitality professionals. However, it’s not a deal-breaker if you don’t have hotel experience.
- Hotel, customer service, sales, or similar experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills; excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Positive interpersonal skills required.
- Must be fluent in verbal and written English.
- Excellent computer and typing skills required. Excel and Word proficiency desired.
- Expert listening and comprehension skills required.