Event Planner | Account Manager
Hotel Contracting Department | Northville, MI | Full Time
Attention all Front Desk Managers, Front Office Managers, General Managers, Event Managers, and Catering Managers!! We need YOU for an invigorating new opportunity with TRAVELING TEAMS!!
- Do you love the hospitality industry, but need a change of pace?
- Are you tired of working late nights, holidays, weekends, and your birthday?
- Do you dream of only working for only one company that encourages and provides career advancement all under one roof?
- Are you a hospitality minded individual that enjoys assisting others, but are sick of being on your feet all day?
- Do you desire a unique office role that makes heads turn? You know, the kind of job that friends say, “I want to do what you do!”
- Do you receive compliments on your exceptional service and relationship building abilities and want to showcase these talents even more?
If you answered “Yes!” to any of these questions, we invite you to help us provide phenomenal customer service and conquer the world of youth sports!
Who is TRAVELING TEAMS?
We are a very secure and established hospitality tech company with booming success for years. Founded locally 17 years ago, we are the leading youth sports housing provider with every major brand in North America.
We are a home-grown Detroit area company; yet we leave our mark in over 360 markets throughout the United States and Canada.
We are the biggest hotel you could ever imagine. Yet, we have no rooms, nothing to clean, no food or beverage, and infinite opportunities to grow.
What is this job?
Get ready to tell your friends and family how you work with some of the largest youth sporting events in the country, make an impact on other people’s lives, AND get to work for a thriving technological organization!
The Event Planner is tasked with assuring successful events through quality client engagement and event management. This position requires a high level of ownership, conscientiousness, market expertise, and interpersonal skills. Exceptional communication skills with clients, hotel partners and internal teammates are a MUST. This is a unique role; no day is the same and no day is boring. You make an ENORMOUS difference to our clients, the teams, the hotels, and our company. YOU make a difference here!
Don’t be fooled…
The most successful tech companies operate wisely. The leaders operate on solid business fundamentals and strategically invest in future technology ensuring they always stay on top. So, we didn’t bother with the bean bags and pool tables. We have standard work hours that allow our employees to perform well and meet standard expectations. Sure, we can be a little boring in that regard. However, that stability provides all employees with great company longevity and more opportunity for advancement.
Event Planners are responsible for:
· Team marketing
· Event quality control
· Pre and post reporting as required
· Servicing client needs
· Onsite event management (travel required)
· Proactive and reactive problem solving and issue resolution
· Other responsibilities and duties as assigned by leadership
Successful candidates will possess the following:
· Previous experience in event planning, hospitality or account management field
· Remarkable attention to detail
· Phenomenal verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent listening and comprehension skills
· WOW service mentality
· Strong negotiation skills
· Exceptional interpersonal skills
· Willingness, ability and desire to travel
We value education, but like experience even more! Bachelor’s degree preferred.