Event Coordinator | Hotel Contractor
Hotel Contracting Department | Northville, MI | Full Time
Attention all Front Desk Managers, Front Office Managers, General Managers, Event Managers, and Catering Managers!! We need YOU for an invigorating new opportunity with TRAVELING TEAMS!!
- Do you love the hospitality industry, but need a change of pace?
- Are you tired of working late nights, holidays, weekends, and your birthday?
- Do you dream of only working for only one company that encourages and provides career advancement all under one roof?
- Are you a hospitality minded individual that enjoys assisting others, but are sick of being on your feet all day?
- Do you desire a unique office role that makes heads turn? You know, the kind of job that friends say, “I want to do what you do!”
- Do you receive compliments on your exceptional service and relationship building abilities and want to showcase these talents even more?
If you answered “Yes!” to any of these questions, we invite you to help us provide phenomenal customer service and conquer the world of youth sports!
Who is TRAVELING TEAMS?
We are a very secure and established hospitality tech company with booming success for years. Founded locally 17 years ago, we are the leading youth sports housing provider with every major brand in North America.
We are a home-grown Detroit area company; yet we leave our mark in over 360 markets throughout the United States and Canada.
We are the biggest hotel you could ever imagine. Yet, we have no rooms, nothing to clean, no food or beverage, and infinite opportunities to grow.
What is this job?
Get ready to tell your friends and family how you work with some of the largest youth sporting events in the country, make an impact on other people’s lives, AND get to work for a thriving technological organization!
Hotel Contractors are tasked with providing our customers with ample, quality hotels at the lowest rates available while developing strong, long term relationships with each property. They are responsible for understanding the needs of the teams that will be placed and of the hotel properties, proactively communicating with hotels, enjoying relationship development conversations, problem solving, and “out of the box” thinking.
This position can be a lot of fun, especially for someone who has the right blend of relationship building and multi-tasking abilities, enjoys periodic travel and potential site visits, and retains knowledge of designated areas. Use your people skills, adaptability, and capability of shining through the phone to succeed because this job has a lot of variety in a very fast paced office.
This is a unique role; no day is the same and no day is boring. You make an ENORMOUS difference to our clients, the teams, the hotels, and our company. YOU make a difference here!
Don’t be fooled…
The most successful tech companies operate wisely. The leaders operate on solid business fundamentals and strategically invest in future technology ensuring they always stay on top. So, we didn’t bother with the bean bags and pool tables. We have standard work hours that allow our employees to perform well and meet standard expectations. Sure, we can be a little boring in that regard. However, that stability provides all employees with great company longevity and more opportunity for advancement.
Hotel Contractors are responsible for:
· Reviewing and quickly following- up on contracts, hotel bids, special requests, and addendums.
· Negotiating and securing the highest quality hotels at the best rate closest to the venue.
· Contracting a variety of hotels that can meet any team’s needs.
· Collaborating with other departments and hotels to accommodate special requests.
· Performing regular room rate audits by shopping online to guarantee lowest rates. Ensure integrity and competitiveness in markets.
· Assisting the Reservations Department in answering incoming calls to facilitate reservations, confirmations, room need requests, and questions.
· Analyzing and utilizing daily and weekly reports to meet and exceed agreed upon timelines of completion of all hotel contracting standards for each designated event.
· Sustaining strong communication and leadership with all departments. Communicate with department managers and members of the Executive Management Team on high level issues to ensure appropriate response and resolution.
· Maintaining regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant health & safety procedures.
Successful candidates will possess the following:
· Previous experience in hotel management, event planning, hospitality, or account management.
· Phenomenal verbal and written communication skills. Must be fluent in English; proficiency in multiple languages would be an add-on.
· Positive attitude and eagerness to learn with a competitive spirit.
· Remarkable attention to detail.
· Excellent listening and comprehension skills.
· WOW service mentality.
· Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills.
· Willingness, ability and desire to travel.
We like education but value experience even more! Must have high school diploma or equivalent.