Event Coordinator | Hotel Contractor
Hotel Contracting Department | Bingham Farms, MI | Full Time
Attention all Front Desk Managers, Front Office Managers, General Managers, Event Managers, and Catering Managers!! We need YOU for an invigorating new opportunity with TRAVELING TEAMS!!
- Do you love the hospitality industry, but need a change of pace?
- Are you tired of working late nights, holidays, and weekends?
- Do you dream of only working for only one company that encourages and provides career advancement all under one roof?
- Are you a hospitality minded individual that enjoys assisting others, but are sick of being on your feet all day?
- Do you desire a unique office role that makes heads turn? You know, the kind of job that friends say, “I want to do what you do!”
- Do you receive compliments on your exceptional service and relationship building abilities and want to showcase these talents even more?
If you answered “Yes!” to any of these questions, we invite you to help us provide phenomenal customer service and conquer the world of youth sports!
Who is TRAVELING TEAMS?
We are a very secure and established hospitality tech company with booming success for years. Founded locally 19 years ago, we are the leading youth sports housing provider with every major brand in North America.
We are a home-grown Detroit area company; yet we leave our mark in over 360 markets throughout the United States and Canada.
We are the biggest hotel you could ever imagine. Yet, we have no rooms, nothing to clean, no food or beverage, and infinite opportunities to grow.
What is this job?
Get ready to tell your friends and family how you work with some of the largest youth sporting events in the country, make an impact on other people’s lives, AND get to work for a thriving technological organization!
Hotel Contractors are tasked with providing our customers with ample, quality hotels at the lowest rates available while developing strong, long term relationships with each property. They are responsible for understanding the needs of the teams that will be placed and of the hotel properties, proactively communicating with hotels, enjoying relationship development conversations, problem solving, and “out of the box” thinking.
This is a unique role; no day is the same and no day is boring. You make an ENORMOUS difference to our clients, the teams, the hotels, and our company. YOU make a difference here!
Hotel Contractors are responsible for:
· Reviewing and quickly following- up on contracts, hotel bids, special requests, and addendums.
· Negotiating and securing the highest quality hotels at the best rate closest to the venue.
· Contracting a variety of hotels that can meet any team’s needs.
· Collaborating with other departments and hotels to accommodate special requests.
· Performing regular room rate audits by shopping online to guarantee lowest rates. Ensure integrity and competitiveness in markets.
· Assisting the Reservations Department in answering incoming calls to facilitate reservations, confirmations, room need requests, and questions.
· Analyzing and utilizing daily and weekly reports to meet and exceed agreed upon timelines of completion of all hotel contracting standards for each designated event.
· Sustaining strong communication and leadership with all departments. Communicate with department managers and members of the Executive Management Team on high level issues to ensure appropriate response and resolution.
Successful candidates will possess the following:
· Previous experience in hotel management, event planning, hospitality, or account management.
· Phenomenal verbal and written communication skills. Must be fluent in English; proficiency in multiple languages would be an add-on.
· Positive attitude and eagerness to learn with a competitive spirit.
· Remarkable attention to detail.
· Excellent listening and comprehension skills.
· WOW service mentality.
· Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills.
We like education but value experience even more! Bachelors degree preferred.