Director of Account Management- Travel Industry
Executive Team | Northville, MI | Full Time
Director of Account Management-Travel Industry
Provide leadership and direction to a team of Account Managers to ensure group results for assigned area(s) of responsibility. You will direct the development, maintenance and execution of complex and robust client relationship management programs/plans which ensure that the clients’ overall service needs are satisfied and achieve the business, retention and profitability objectives.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends, assess the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives
- Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality across the department
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects
- Ensures client deliverables are being met, including compliance with contractual obligations; ensures performance review meetings with clients are taking place and benefits are set up correctly and claims are adjudication properly.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of effective long-term relationships with customer accounts
- Support hotel contracting efforts and analyze RFP data to best effectively secure inventory for clients while considering company revenue growth strategies.
- Foster relationships with key personal within accounts, participate in client site visits on a regular basis and inform executive team of critical account issues.
- Establish, implement and measure a customer satisfaction program that identifies areas of opportunity to enhance the customer experience
- Responsible for effective execution of account implementations with timely project completion, issue identification / resolution, and delivery of customer expectations.
- Develop and ensure adherence to goals and deadlines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Some travel may be required
- Provides training and development opportunities, including stretch assignments, for team members and gives honest and open feedback to aid in the development of talent
- Directs and evaluates individual/team performance and takes appropriate action to meet and/or exceed performance standards
- Establishes and implements priorities, performance goals and objectives to ensure group results for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Directs and provides leadership to continually improve the capability and results for assigned area(s) of responsibility
- Ensures that top talent is hired and retained
- Builds organizational capability within assigned area(s) of responsibility
- Serves as a subject matter expert and advises management and internal/external stakeholders on complex relationship management solutions which optimize client retention and satisfaction and achieve desired business results while reducing risks
- Directs and oversees the management of relationships with existing clients by developing, executing and ensuring proactive, creative, and ongoing client contact initiatives
- Collaborates and recommends to management the organizational design, which ensures optimal clients’ retention, satisfaction and achieves desired business results while reducing risks
- Reviews and analyzes relationship metrics/dashboards to determine effectiveness of relationship management activities
- Education: 4 Year/Bachelor’s Degree
- 7-10 Years’ experience in relationship management that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position, including 3+ years of managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience
- Proven working knowledge of hotel group block contracting processes and systems, and/or experience in procurement and rate/ cost data analysis.
- Previous hotel or event management experience is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to successfully hire, retain, develop and coach staff
- Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with others in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to identify and recommend processes improvements
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines
- Ability to analyze complex information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or solution
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Evaluate trends in data or information