Customer Service Representative
Call Center | Northville, MI | Full Time
Over 16 years ago in Northville, MI, TRAVELING TEAMS was founded on the simple concept of service. Service is and has always been the #1 priority in everything we do. We decided from the beginning that TRAVELING TEAMS will serve only youth sports. No corporate travel… No leisure travel… No other type of travel… Only youth sports! Over the years, we have invested heavily in technology to support great service to the tournament; the tournament director, the participants, the hotels, and the CVBs. As TRAVELING TEAMS evolves, we will always keep amazing service at the forefront of our vision and model.
TRAVELING TEAMS is a leading provider of cost-free travel accommodation services for youth sports teams and event directors. Our exceptional customer-first approach matches you with a Traveling Teams representative who ensures that your booking process is a seamless and enjoyable experience, regardless of the size of the team or event.
Get ready for an invigorating career with the leading youth sports hotel booking company in North America. The purpose of the reservationist position is to interact with our future hotel guests to ensure they have a great experience with each of our thousands of hotel properties. You will be responsible for making individual reservations, problem solving, inquiries about room reservations, and to provide information and reserve rooms for incoming callers.
If you have ever said, “I’m great with people and can multi-task”, this may be the perfect job for you. Use your people skills, multi-tasking skills and ability to shine through the phone to succeed because this job has a lot of variety in a very fast paced office. You will get to interact with about a hundred people each day with a variety of questions on the thousands of events we run each year.
TRAVELING TEAMS is a family-like environment with a near perfect employee retention rate each year. This means that we keep our employees and work with them to advance into positions in which they can shine. Yes, this means nearly every employee started in the Reservations Specialist position and has advanced with much success!
We work hard and expect you to work hard as well. Our team environment supports company accountability and company support. You will not only represent TRAVELING TEAMS but represent all of our events. You will need to ensure clear and accurate communication with incoming callers, obtaining all necessary information in order to provide each guest a room. The Reservations Specialist will be well versed in promotions, events, rates, and other strategies to meet the client’s needs and requests.
- Answer incoming calls and assist with reservations, confirmations, room need requests, and questions.
- Greet calls warmly and perform reservation procedures.
- Explain hotel details, rates, services, amenities, and other information about the hotel as requested.
- Sell, process, enter, and confirm room reservations using selling techniques and strategies.
- Maintain knowledge of our reporting system, current events and potential issues.
- Provide incoming callers with appropriate room assignments and types while up-selling when appropriate.
- Verify payment for stay including incidental costs by obtaining credit information.
- Assist incoming callers with issues and complaints, with empathy and a focus on guest satisfaction.
- Use supervisor support when necessary.
- Answer incoming calls within 3 rings with TRAVELING TEAMS greeting.
High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous guest service and reservations experience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Positive interpersonal skills required.
- Must be fluent in verbal and written English.
- Excellent computer and typing skills are required. Excel and Word proficiency desired.
- Previous call-center experience preferred.
- Excellent listening and comprehension skills required.
- This position does represent the company in handling complaints, arbitrating disputes or resolving grievances, as a reservationist you will be expected to work with incoming callers to ensure satisfaction. A Reservationist will have to take initiative and get creative in resolving guest challenges and involve a supervisor only when previous methods have been unsuccessful.
- Ability to speak and hear
- Close and distance vision
- Identify and distinguish colors
- Frequently lifts/carries up to 5 lbs
- Occasionally lifts/carries up to 25 lbs
- Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
- Able to reach hands and arms in any direction and kneel and stoop
- Generally in an indoor office setting
- Will be using a computer frequently
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates