Assistant General Manager
Team Travel Department | Northville, MI | Full Time
Attention all General Managers, Assistant General Managers, Front Office Managers, Operations Directors, and Room Directors!! We need YOU for an invigorating new opportunity with TRAVELING TEAMS®!!
Over 17 years ago in Northville, MI, TRAVELING TEAMS® was founded on the simple concept of service. We decided from the beginning that we would only serve youth sports and now TRAVELING TEAMS® is the leading youth sports housing provider with every major brand in over 360 markets throughout North America. Over the years, we have forged lasting relationships with national level hotels, CVBs, and sports commissions. Through these relationships we have proven successful in managing the volume and prestige of any event. As TRAVELING TEAMS® evolves, we will continue to invest in state of the art technology and always keep remarkable service at the forefront of our vision and model.
What is this job?
This is a high profile leadership role in a well-established and rapidly growing company. The TRAVELING TEAMS® Assistant General Manager will work closely with the General Manager and department leaders to execute new standards of operation, processes, and procedures that further the growth of the company. This position requires a high level of ownership, hotel expertise, interpersonal skills, and multi-tasking and problem solving abilities. Exceptional communication skills with clients and internal teammates are a MUST.
This is a unique role; no day is the same and no day is boring. You make an ENORMOUS difference to our clients, the teams, and our company. YOU make a difference here!
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for:
- Supervising, coaching, and goal management of department personnel.
- Demonstrating a proven track record of driving and managing teams to meet and exceed deadlines, and executing superior customer service.
- Executive level presentation, communication, and listening skills.
- Building and maintaining relationships across a wide spectrum of internal and external customers.
- Leading interdepartmental teams with a hands-on approach.
- Exhibiting self-starter traits with a passion for customer centric focus in a rapidly growing industry.
- Demonstrating excellent organizational and analytical abilities for process mapping, Call/Customer Management Systems, a keen sense of outstanding customer service, and the ability to explore better business practices.
- Independently maintaining evening and weekend availability.
We value education, but like experience even more! Bachelor’s degree required.