Medical Assistant - Contract Position
Operations | Seattle, WA | Contract
Transpara Health’s mission is to enable all patients to obtain equal opportunity, access, and choice to affordable, quality care. We empower individuals to take control of their own health through an easy-to-use software solution for patients to quickly find and connect with healthcare professionals. Patients receive full transparency to pricing along with other relevant data and the provider’s background before committing to an appointment. We believe that transparency builds trust, which builds closer patient-physician relationships, and ultimately enables patients to receive the most appropriate and personalized care.
- Perform COVID-19 testing in the community at designated sites (Monday-Friday, 6-8 hours/day).
- Use research and theoretical principles in implementing therapies that restore health, minimize complications, and manage risk factors.
- Supervision of quality management and performance improvement and assistance in data management as needed.
- Supervise patient service representatives (PSR) who will be assisting with COVID-19 testing, monitoring of inventory, and coordination of testing activities.
- Candidates must be local to the Greater Seattle area.
- This 1099 contract role is short term, may eventually expand to long term contract.
- Core Competencies: Patient Assessment, Clinical Procedure with Scope of Service.
- The MA must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide testing and care appropriate for patients with COVID-19.
- Knowledge in quality management and performance improvement programs.
- Knowledge of examination, diagnostic, and treatment room procedures.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
- Knowledge of OSHA, infection control, and safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe working environment.
- Knowledge of electronic chart documentation requirements and recording test results.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks independently.
- Ability to work with multiple agencies and a multidisciplinary team.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with vulnerable and complex patients, diverse medical staff, and the public.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to operate computer and multi-function printer, general office equipment, and telephone equipment.
- Knowledge of commonly used computer software and excellent communication skills are required.
- High school diploma or GED
- Completion of a medical assistant program or completion of military medical corpsman program.
- Current Medical Assistant – Certified credential in Washington State or current Interim Medical Assistant – Certified permit in Washington State (Required to obtain Medical Assistant – Certified credential in Washington State prior to the interim permit expiration date).
- At least two years of experience as a certified Medical Assistant preferred; infectious disease/COVID-19 testing experience is desirable.
Life at Transpara / Culture:
Transpara Health believes in the flexibility of remote work and a family-friendly work culture. We operate 100% remotely (even pre-COVID-19), but have space in Seattle’s Lower Queen Anne for meetings as needed. While most of our team is located in the greater Seattle area, this operations role can easily be performed anywhere that you can work normal Pacific US Time hours. Also, like most companies these days, most of our day-to-day and weekly meetings are via video conferencing or phone calls. Overall, we believe in the power of individuals on our team to set their optimal work schedules and accommodate the schedules of others on the team as reasonably as possible.
Transpara Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Transpara is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all workers and to providing workers with an environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Transpara are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Transpara will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We encourage applicants of all ages.