WordPress Developer (IN)
TradeTracker United Arab Emirates | Gurugram, Haryana, India | Full Time
TradeTracker.com is looking for an experienced and passionate WordPress Developer to join our team! As a WordPress Developer, you will help with both internal and client facing WordPress projects. You will be responsible for design and development support for new and existing WordPress websites as well as web-based applications. You will be expected to build new WordPress websites either from scratch or from preselected theme templates.
Candidates must have an advanced WordPress development skill set with experience working on team-based projects You should possess strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to work individually and as well as within a team. Personal responsibility and time management skills are paramount, along with a passion for open source and giving back to the community.
This is an opportunity to lead by example while helping to nurture and develop a culture that believes in self-motivation and growth.
This position is available in:
Provide us with a brief cover letter giving us key points as to why you feel this position is a strong fit for you. Include in your cover letter or in your resume the links of your work samples (plugins or themes) of which being an open sourced project and a brief description of your involvement in the project.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT PROVIDE THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new features, plugins and advanced theme components within WordPress;
- Develop tools for internal use by TradeTracker.com;
- Understand and implement security measures and understand WordPress security best practices;
- Ability to plan, conceptualize, and deliver projects (planning, estimating, developing, collaborating, testing, and QA) with other team members;
- Integrate with 3rd party APIs with performance and security in mind.
Qualification and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Programming, Computer Science or any related field;
- 3+ years of professional web development and WordPress experience;
- Advanced proficiency with modern PHP & MySQL development, including object-oriented PHP;
- Experience with Custom WordPress themes and plugins from scratch, able to show us examples within your GitHub/BitBucket/WP Repo account;
- Development expertise with custom post types, custom fields, plug-ins, theme development, and WordPress database structure knowledge;
- Opinions on WordPress architecture including version control, deployment, server configuration and caching;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of WordPress shortcodes, functions, and the loop;
- Extensive experience in full development life cycle. You have experience in working locally, deploying to staging environment, and then deployments to production;
- You are comfortable with the command line and WP-CLI;
- Experience transferring data through endpoints using APIs;
- Experience with dependency management tools like Composer, Grunt, Gulp, and Bower;
- Managed more than one custom WordPress site.
Bonus points for:
- CSS pre-processors (SASS or LESS);
- Responsive Frameworks (Foundation, Bootstrap);
- 3rd party APIs;
- AWS or other Cloud Computing platform;
- PHP Unit Testing.
What we offer you:
- A competitive salary;
- An outstanding working atmosphere;
- Being part of a highly motivated team of professionals.
TradeTracker.com brings together the online community’s best and brightest: working together towards the common goal of enhancing their performance marketing.
Enabling a network for both Advertisers and Publishers, TradeTracker hosts a platform offering real-time, understandable and most of all transparent data, to strengthen their client’s ability to make the right performance marketing decisions. Through a specialized accounts team who concentrate in overseeing their own specific industry, TradeTracker ensure a tailored and precise approach to the fields of Services, Travel, Telecom, Shopping and Finance.
Currently hosting offices in 24 countries and employing over 180 people worldwide, it has the widest global coverage and traverses numerous markets. Catering to a diverse set of languages and locations, they present users a fluent experience even when connecting to vast international networks.
Sounds hot? Don’t hesitate.