Entry-Level Marketing Coordinator/Marketing Assistant I
Marketing | Pflugerville, TX | Full Time
TrackingPoint is adding a Marketing Coordinator to our team in furtherance of the Company's brand awareness, sales, profit, and customer relations objectives. There are three primary aspects to this role: content creation and management; own execution of tactics supporting social & digital strategies; and analysis and reporting on the effectiveness of marketing campaigns across digital and traditional programs.
This entry-level position reports to and works under the general supervision of the Company's Marketing Director. The successful candidate must be confident in their communication skills, written and spoken; be a strong creative thinker and writer; have experience managing social media and digital marketing; and have a solid understanding of campaign attribution from a B2C perspective. We hope to find a digital- and content-savvy recent college graduate with a year of practical marketing experience to join us in Pflugerville headquarters.
In addition to these skills, our ideal candidate will be an outdoor sports enthusiast, specifically hunting and shooting sports – this is a rare opportunity to merge what you love with how you make a living. We’re in search of a hard worker who’s naturally curious when it comes to learning new tools (self-taught), and who wants to roll up his or her sleeves to work for a disruptive technology company. If that describes you, read on!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Content Generation & Management:
Proactively bring creative ideas for content for the blog, website, social media, etc.
Writing strong target segment communications (blog, newsletter, email campaign messaging, website, social posts, etc.)
Create achievable action plans for distributing content on various platforms
Enjoys research and can write about what is found
Social Media & Digital:
Create and share regular, meaningful content for followers and target segments on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Manage the conversation and respond accordingly on all social platforms
Own execution of tactics in social and digital that support the social and digital strategies – including SEM, display, contextual, sponsored email, content syndication, etc.
Make regular website updates using the Wordpress platform
Assist with management of e-commerce swag and accessories store
Analysis and Collaboration:
Make recommendations for campaign revisions to meet goal expectations
Consistently seek new media channels and outlets to increase brand awareness or reach broader, fresh audiences
Curiosity for how campaigns and content is doing/is received
Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communication, Journalism, Digital Marketing, or related field with 1-3 years of directly applicable experience
• Outstanding communication skills - written and verbal with outstanding writing and editing skills
• Knowledge and active use of social media platforms from a business perspective to reach and engage consumer audiences (at least 1 year)
• Strong project management skills, requiring minimal supervision to meet deadlines on time and to budget
• Foundational knowledge of digital marketing tactics and management such as pay-per-click (PPC), display advertising, retargeting, contextual, email marketing, etc. (at least 1 year of hands-on exposure)
• Working knowledge of Wordpress
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
• Enjoys collaborating with others, working with teams, and sharing knowledge
Desired Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
• Passionate about hunting, shooting, and firearms a huge plus
• Foundational knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a big plus
• Familiarity with platforms such as Salesforce.com, MailChimp, WooCommerce a huge plus
• Experience with video production, photography, and/or motion graphics, in combination with all the other skills, makes you a unicorn and we definitely want to talk to you.
Position Type, Location, Expected Hours of Work:
Position is full-time, hourly; location of employment is the Company's office in Pflugerville, Texas; days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, flexible between 7:30 am to 6 pm.
Compensation and Benefits:
Competitive compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Medical, dental, vision and basic life insurance benefits as are afforded to other regular, full-time employees of the Company.
All employees are expected to conform to the following:
Accept full responsibility for tasks and duties, and be accountable for quality of work product, managing multiple projects with varying deadlines.
Establish and maintain effective, professional working relationships with other company employees, customers and external stakeholders.
Exercise sound judgment in business and interpersonal affairs.
Demonstrate willingness and ability to work collaboratively with peers.
Produce quality work without direct supervision while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with management, supervisors and other employees, as well as persons affiliated with customers, suppliers and other company stakeholders.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions listed above.
Based in Pflugerville, Texas, TrackingPoint (www.tracking-point.com) focuses on creating advanced technology optics that produce pinpoint accuracy when paired with quality firearms. TrackingPoint offers the first and only Precision-Guided Firearms that includea fire control system which guides the release of ordnance, and virtually eliminates human error. With a variety of semi-automatic and bolt-action models available, users of any skill level can bypass decades of training to enjoy even first-time success hunting or on the range. Internet enabled, PGFs allow hunters and sport shooters to stream live video and audio using its ShotView™ app, available on Android and iPhone.