CNC Machinist (Programmer/Operator)
Production | Pflugerville, TX | Part Time
TrackingPoint leads the firearms market of precision guided firearms, through the use of our ground breaking electro-optics technology. We have an opening on our team for a Machinist who will be responsible for producing components which require tight tolerances and ensuring work meets the drawing specifications/requirements. The individual we hire must be able to own specific projects from start to finish; machine programming, setup and operations.
The CNC Machinist will start as a part-time employee (under 30 hours a week) and the company is flexible, based on mutual agreement, with regards to the specific work schedule, to accommodate other commitments that the employee may have in place. This position has the potential to convert to regular, full-time employment with benefits.
Maintaining procedures and effectively communicating with Engineering and Production are key expectations of this position. You need to be comfortable operating in fast-pace environment, have the time-management skills to complete assigned projects with minimal supervision and be comfortable helping to define scope, risks and schedule of fixtures/new product creation as part of a planning team.
- Set-up and operate CNC Machines.
- Inspect parts to mechanical drawing.
- Maintain exacting tolerances of ID’s and OD’s, roundness, concentricity, squareness.
- Well versed using a Haas TM 1P multi-Axis lathe with Live Tooling.
- Able to use Mastercam and proficient with G-Code.
- Familiar with Solidworks and solid model files.
- Perform offsets and replace tools as required to maintain mechanical drawing specifications.
- Regularly perform prototyping/lighting turns.
- Schedule and perform regular equipment maintenance to ensure operational safety.
- Act as part of inventory-management team.
- Assist with the training of other associates.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree or three+ years of applicable work experience in manufacturing environment
- Proven ability to setup programs, operate CNC machines, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, and materials on machines
- Capability to read and interpret technical documentation (including mechanical drawings, and technical specifications).
- Basic knowledge of measuring tools and techniques, and metric and American unit systems.
- Must successfully complete a hands-on skills proficiency test.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. TrackingPoint conducts background checks on all new hires.
Specific vision abilities required by the is job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus in order to read, write, use the computer, and handle equipment.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The noise level in the area may be loud due to the use of equipment.
The employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Movement of inventory is occasionally required, and will require the ability to lift items up to 50 pounds, open crates and boxes, and bending or standing on a ladder as necessary.
All employees are expected to conform to the following in the performance of their respective tasks and duties:
- Accept full responsibility for tasks and duties, and be accountable for quality of work product, managing multiple projects with varying deadlines.
- Establish and maintain effective, professional working relationships with other company employees, customers and external stakeholders.
- Exercise sound judgment in business and interpersonal affairs.
- Demonstrate willingness and ability to work collaboratively with peers.
- Produce quality work without direct supervision while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with management, supervisors and other employees, as well as persons affiliated with customers, suppliers and other company stakeholders.
This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between TrackingPoint and employee and is subject to change by the Company as the needs and requirements of the position change. The position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Please note, no relocation support is being extended for this position and we are not providing sponsorship for this role.