Engineering | Seattle, WA | Full Time
Our company is a boutique IT services firm providing consulting and managed services to small/mid-sized businesses in the greater Seattle area. Founded in 2000, we are an established and growing business with a solid, loyal client base. We are passionate about designing cutting-edge enterprise-grade infrastructure tailored to the unique business needs of each client. Our customers embrace and invest in high tech as a vital instrument to propel, sustain and expand their business. Our clients engage us as true partners in their growth and success as we use the art of technology to accelerate the science of business.
We hire the best IT professionals working in our field. Our office offers an atmosphere of shared excitement and opportunity for growth. Our employees maintain a high-energy, fun, and collaborative team culture truly distinguishes our firm within the IT services community. In addition to our best-in-class service and work product, our client obsessed culture is also a major reason why our clients partner with us, and remain our partners for the long term.
- Utilize excellent customer service and effective communication skills to exceed expectations.
- Provide client contact remotely in writing, via phone and in-person at client locations.
- Demonstrate ownership, research, strategize and recommend tech solutions to client issues.
- Effectively partner with IT Operations team and Chief Technology Officer on client projects.
- Perform, track and report client billable work daily.
- Maintain and submit daily timesheets to track all client-billable and non-billable time.
- Open ticket threads and thoroughly record, document, communicate and track client projects using integrated client-facing ticketing and internal task management systems.
- Provide support and mentoring to internal team for escalations on unresolved client issues.
- Escalate unresolved client queries to the next level of support properly and in a timely manner.
- Translate clients' business and technical requests into clearly defined technical tasks, to be assigned to and executed by internal team using task management system.
- Walk clients through the problem solving process in plain language terms, on their tech level.
- Follow up with clients, provide feedback and see problems through to resolution, record and document all client inquiries using external ticket thread system.
- Ensure proper recording, documentation and closure of all client projects using online tools.
- Update and maintain client data and internal documentation of processes and requirements.
- Recommended procedure modifications, best practices or improvements.
- Develop solutions tailored to solve clients' technical and business requirements.
- Implement highly-available server/networking/storage architectures.
- Audit and implement security best practices across a wide range of devices and software.
- Support backup and disaster recovery infrastructures with the ability to meet client recovery time objectives.
- Create, provide and maintain project documentation as required internally or by clients.
- Analyze, identify, and remediate issues within client infrastructures.
- Preserve and grow your knowledge of help desk procedures, products and services by pursuing continuing education both inside and outside of work to maintain professional expertise.
- At least 5-years of experience in IT administration/engineering, IT consulting, or comparable field. Preferably 10+ years.
- Experience with ticketing and time tracking procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Relentless client-focus, and ability to consistently deliver high quality customer service.
- Adherence to workflow best practices: attention to detail, thoroughness, and follow-through.
- Ability to accurately schedule and effectively balance multiple short and long-term project work for timely completion.
- Ability to work autonomously and with other members of the technical and operations teams.
- Own insured and reliable vehicle for regular travel to clients' locations in the Greater Seattle area for on-site tech work.
- Own reliable cell phone and maintain phone and data plan for internal use only.
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Deep knowledge, direct experience, and/or ownership of:
- Windows Server: 2012 R2, Virtualization, DNS, AD, DHCP, File Server, PowerShell command-line.
- Windows Client: Vista and 7 Diagnostics, Group Policy, Deployment, Bitlocker.
- Apple: 10.9+ management/support.
- Networking: Internet connectivity, Wi-Fi, IPv4, VLANs, NAT, Firewalls, DHCP, DNS.
- Microsoft Cloud/Server: Exchange, SQL, Office 365.
- Client Software: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, OneNote, Outlook, Lync/Skype4B).
- Server/Storage Hardware: Dell/HP/Intel/Lenovo Servers, RAID.
- Unified Communications: PBX.
- Backup/Recovery/DR: WAN backups and replication expertise.
- Windows Server: 2012+ Infrastructure design/deployment/management. Failover Clustering, Hyper-V Clusters, Storage Spaces (SOFS preferred), RRAS, NPS, RDS, PowerShell Scripting, and Group Policy (Folder Redirection, Security Settings, Administrative Templates).
- Windows Client: Windows 10 Deployment Architecture & Engineering.
- Apple: 10.10+ management/support, iOS provisioning/management/support.
- Networking: Enterprise WAN connectivity (MPLS, EoF, EoC, T1, T3, WiSP), Enterprise WiFi, IPv6, VLAN routing, Switch CLI setup/configuration, MLAG/LACP, Site-to-Site VPN, GRE.
- Microsoft Cloud/Server: Exchange Server/Online, Lync/Skype4B Server/Online, SharePoint Server/Online, System Center (CM/DPM/OM/VMM), Intune, SQL Server, Azure (AD, SQL, VMs Networking), Office 365, ADFS (DirSync/AADSync/AAD Connect), Azure AD, Exchange Hybrid deployments, EOP, streamed Office deployment, AWS (EC2/EBS/VPC/R53/RDS).
- Linux Server OS: Linux (primarily CentOS, and Ubuntu). Pub/Priv keys, SSH, PuTTY, etc., Linux/Unix command line.
- Server/Storage Hardware: Dell/HP/Intel/Lenovo/DataOn/SuperMicro Servers/Storage, BMC/IPMI Management, SAN, NAS, SAS JBODs, SSDs, Hybrid Storage, RAID, iSCSI.
- Unified Communications: Lync/Skype Enterprise Voice, Exchange UM, Polycom phone, SIP trunks, TDM trunks.
- Miscellaneous: Software Licensing, Regulatory compliance, application and system monitoring.