Summer Intern, Resource Management for Connected Cars
Systems & Software Division | Mountain View, CA | Internship
Toyota InfoTechnology Center U.S.A., Inc. (Toyota ITC) is looking for a highly self-motivated Ph.D. student in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Mathematics field as a research intern. Connected vehicle is one major trend in the automotive domain. This job is intended to study various techniques for rigorous modeling and analysis of connected vehicles.
The objective of this internship is to provide interns with opportunities to study resource management techniques for connected vehicles in distributed computing environment. Many connected applications require vehicles to communicate with road-side infrastructure or cloud services by utilizing their resources such as network bandwidth, computation power, memory or data. It is challenging to analyze and allocate necessary resources across multiple layers to provide QoS (Quality of Service) guarantees for connected applications. Interns will conduct research on, but not limited to, formal modeling, analysis, optimization and simulation of connected vehicle systems in terms of resource management. If time permits, academic publication based on the output of the internship will be considered.
The potential research area may include, but not limited to:
- Formalization of resource management in a connected environment
- Study the concept of resources in the connected vehicle eco-system
- Formalize various types of resources and apply simulation, analysis or optimization techniques
- Perform case study
- Tool prototyping for resource management
- Implement a research prototype system to visualize analysis or optimization result using connected vehicle scenarios (e.g., MATLAB, Unity3D)
- Currently pursuing a Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Mathematics.
- Strong knowledge in at least one of the following areas: distributed and real-time systems, cyber-physical and embedded systems, system design methodology, formal analysis/verification, and edge/cloud architecture.
- Experience in writing academic research papers in conferences or journals
- Ability to implement a research prototype system to demonstrate the ideas
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within a highly motivated team environment.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to respond professionally in all types of situations.
- Full-time internship starting no later than beginning of June, up to 3 months at our Mountain View, CA location.
- Applicants *must* already have the ability/authorization to work in the USA (Toyota ITC will NOT provide VISA support).
To apply for an intern position, please submit your application along with the following materials:
- Cover letter explaining your interest in the job and desired time frame for the internship (optional)
Since 2001, Toyota InfoTechnology Center USA, Inc. has specialized in R&D and business research with a focus on cutting-edge information technologies to advance the driving experience of Toyota automobiles and safety of the automotive industry on the globe. ITC’s current areas of interest include future vehicular network,in-vehicle software and system architecture, vehicle-to-vehicle communication technology, intelligent computing technology including artificial intelligence and machine learning.