Software Engineer, Connected Car Technologies
Intelligent Computing Division | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
Software Engineer to research connected car technologies which includes the development of simulation platform, hierarchical system for intelligent traffic management, and build connected car testbed for creating prototype vehicular networks.
- Design and develop a testbed for demonstrating connected car features and applications.
- Design, develop and analyze tests and test-automation suites.
- Propose enhancement and provide ongoing maintenance and support to the existing systems and platforms.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with researchers, trainees, project managers and other engineers to achieve sophisticated solutions.
- Create and update the documentation of systems and testbeds, including existing documents.
- Assists other Center activities by:
- Participating in other projects/activities as necessary.
- B.S./M.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- 3+ years of software development experience with object-oriented design.
- Knowledge of sensor data acquisition, multithreading, multitasking, and concurrent programming.
- Experience with front-end (GUI) development. Full stack engineer is a plus.
- Experience with network/process communication protocols
- Experience with programming languages like Java, Python, Qt/C++, etc. on Linux OS. Experience with Windows OS is a plus.
- Experience with building APIs and services using REST, SOAP, etc.
- Experience with developing systems using ROS.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
To apply for this position, please submit your information at the company website with the following materials:
- A cover letter explaining why you would like to work with us
- Latest Resume/CV
- Any other information that you think we should consider when reviewing your application
Our mission is changing the experience of mobility, by providing expanded options built on innovative research and technology solutions. Our work utilizes the resources of vehicles, infrastructure and emergent technologies to provide tangible benefits to the public by enabling stress-free mobility of people and goods and delivering differentiated experiences through deep personalization.
Our current areas of interest include future vehicular networks, in-vehicle software and system architecture, vehicle-to-vehicle communication technology, and intelligent computing technology including artificial intelligence and machine learning.