Senior Researcher, Software Architecture
Systems & Software Division | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
Connected cars are emerging as a ground for cutting-edge technologies in the automotive industry. Communication between cars, other edge devices, and the cloud has the potential to support brand-new mobility services and sophisticated new technologies, e.g., advanced information sharing, coordinated autonomous systems, highly distributed control systems, etc.
With the advent of this new technology trend, a high demand for quality assurance of software-centric connected systems arises. Toyota InfoTechnology Center, Systems and Software Division is conducting research projects including high-assurance connected software architecture, dependable connected software platform, system assurance, model-based design and certification.
We are seeking talented candidates for a Senior Researcher involving full-time research on high-assurance connected software architecture and advanced analytics based on modeling & monitoring of connected cars.
- Research on High-Assurance Connected Software Architecture including:
o Contract-based Architecture, contract-based design, formal contract languages;
o Automatic formal verification;
o Runtime verification and runtime monitoring, verification, and recovery;
o Contract-based safety and security analysis;
o Contract negotiation;
o Correctness-by-construction and design-by-contract.
- Research on Advanced Analytics Based on Modeling & Monitoring of Connected Cars including:
o Parametric system modeling & parameter estimation
o Context modeling of connected vehicles and human drivers
o Multi-fidelity modeling
o Digital Twin service architecture
- Ph. D in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of research experience in formal verification and model-based design. Industry Experience working in a corporate lab setting with a proven track record of cross-functional collaboration and achievements is a plus.
- Proficiency in formal verification tools, e.g., theorem prover tools, model checking tools, etc.
- Knowledge of system modeling, formal analysis and parameter estimation.
- Knowledge of computer systems, embedded systems, and systems and software engineering
- Knowledge of programming and scripting languages, e.g., Java, Python, etc.
- Excellent research prototype development skills.
- Ability to lead a research project, e.g., planning, reporting, and managing time / team / outside collaborators.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
To apply for this position, please submit your information at the company website with the following materials:
- A cover letter explaining why you would like to work with us
- Latest Resume/CV
- Any other information that you think we should consider when reviewing your application
Our mission is changing the experience of mobility, by providing expanded options built on innovative research and technology solutions. Our work utilizes the resources of vehicles, infrastructure and emergent technologies to provide tangible benefits to the public by enabling stress-free mobility of people and goods and delivering differentiated experiences through deep personalization.
Our current areas of interest include future vehicular networks, in-vehicle software and system architecture, vehicle-to-vehicle communication technology, and intelligent computing technology including artificial intelligence and machine learning.