Senior Researcher, Security Analytics
Systems & Software Division | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
Connected cars are emerging as a ground for cutting-edge technologies in the automotive industry. Communication between cars, other edge devices, and the cloud has the potential to support brand-new mobility services and sophisticated new technologies, e.g., advanced information sharing, coordinated autonomous systems, highly distributed control systems, etc.
With the advent of this new technology trend, a high demand for quality assurance of software-centric connected systems arises. Toyota InfoTechnology Center, Systems and Software Research Division is conducting research projects including high-assurance connected software architecture, software platform for advanced mobility, system assurance, and certification.
We are seeking talented candidates for a Senior Researcher involving full-time research on Secure Software Architecture for Connected Car Systems.
- Research on Secure Software Architecture for Connected Car Systems:
- Formal security analysis and verification;
- Cyber-security of distributed systems and cyber-physical systems;
- Cooperative intrusion detection systems and machine learning based protection;
- Game theory-based security mechanisms.
- Ph. D in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of research experience in cyber security. Experience working in a corporate lab setting with a proven track record of cross-functional collaboration and achievements is a plus.
- Proficiency in system security, security analytics, and security mechanisms.
- Knowledge of distributed systems, real-time systems, embedded systems, and cyber-physical systems.
- Knowledge of programming and scripting languages, e.g., Java, Python, etc.
- Research prototype development skills.
- Ability to lead a research project, e.g., planning, reporting, and managing time / team / outside collaborators.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
To apply for this position, please submit your application along with the following materials:
• A cover letter explaining why you would like to work with us
• Latest Resume/CV
• Any other information that you think we should consider while reviewing your application
Our mission is changing the experience of mobility, by providing expanded options built on innovative research and technology solutions. Our work utilizes the resources of vehicles, infrastructure and emergent technologies to provide tangible benefits to the public by enabling stress-free mobility of people and goods and delivering differentiated experiences through deep personalization.
Our current areas of interest include future vehicular networks, in-vehicle software and system architecture, vehicle-to-vehicle communication technology, and intelligent computing technology including artificial intelligence and machine learning.