Researcher, Formal Verification for Connected Cars
Systems & Software Division | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
Researcher, Formal Verification & Contract-based Design for Connected Cars
Connected cars are emerging as a ground for cutting-edge technologies in the automotive industry. Communication between cars, edge, and cloud computing has great potential for sophisticated new technologies, e.g., advanced information sharing, coordinated autonomous systems, highly distributed control systems, etc.
With the advent of this new technology trend, a high demand for quality assurance for software-centric connected systems arises. Toyota InfoTechnology Center is conducting research projects including high-assurance connected software architecture, dependable connected software platform, system assurance, and certification.
Toyota InfoTechnology Center, Systems and Software Research Team is seeking talented researcher candidates for high-assurance connected software architecture projects.
- Research on High-Assurance Connected Software Architecture including:
- Contract-based architecture, contract-based design, formal contract languages;
- Automatic formal verification;
- Runtime verification and monitoring;
- Automatic abstraction (bottom-up) and decomposition (top-down) of system specifications.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Research experience in formal verification.
- Proficiency in formal verification tools, e.g., theorem prover tools, model checking tools, etc.
- Knowledge of computer systems, embedded systems, and systems and software engineering.
- Knowledge of programming and scripting languages, e.g., Java, Python, etc.
- Research prototype development skills.
- Ability to engage in general research activities, e.g., planning, time management, and team building.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a highly motivated team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
To apply for this position, please submit your information at the company website with the following materials:
- A cover letter explaining why you would like to work with us
- Latest Resume/CV
- Any other information that you think we should consider when reviewing your application
About Toyota ITC:
Since 2001, Toyota InfoTechnology Center USA, Inc. has specialized in R&D and business research with a focus on cutting-edge information technologies to advance the driving experience of Toyota automobiles and safety of the automotive industry around the globe. ITC’s current areas of interest include future vehicular network, in-vehicle software and system architecture, vehicle-to-vehicle communication technology and intelligent computing technology.