Lead Research Scientist, Intelligent Traffic Management
Intelligent Computing Division | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
We are seeking a Lead Research Scientist for our R&D group that develops the foundational technologies for our Connected-Vehicle Services. The selected candidate will lead research projects on connected-vehicle services and develops technologies for intelligent traffic management for connected vehicles.
Primary Performance Responsibilities:
- Lead the research project on intelligent traffic management for connected vehicles
- Develop multi-scale traffic management technology for connected vehicle by applying latest intelligent computation technologies such as deep learning.
- Proof-of-Concept Implementation with simulators
- PhD in Computer Science or a similar field. (Other fields will be considered with relevant experience)
- Specialty in traffic management and machine learning.
- 3+ year experience in traffic management research.
- Experience on leading research projects.
- Deep knowledge on intelligent computing technologies including machine learning, and experience on applying intelligent computing technology to traffic management.
- Knowledge and experience on traffic simulator and strong C/C++, Java, and Python cording skill.
- Excellent analytical ability and problem solving skills.
- Ability to learn and willingness to work in a fast-paced unstructured environment.
- Detail oriented with the ability to work independently.
Since 2001, Toyota InfoTechnology Center USA, Inc. has specialized in R&D and business research with a focus on cutting-edge information technologies to advance the driving experience of Toyota automobiles and safety of the automotive industry on the globe. ITC’s current areas of interest include future vehicular network,in-vehicle software and system architecture, vehicle-to-vehicle communication technology, intelligent computing technology including artificial intelligence and machine learning.