Intern, Use of automotive radar for communication and sensing
Network Division | Mountain View, CA | Internship
The objective of this internship is to provide the intern with opportunities to study the generalized use of radar equipment for communication and sensing. The study will include performing a state-of-the-art survey of dual use of radar equipment contrasting the dual waveform and time-sharing methods; searching, comparing and identifying potential off-the-shelf experimental equipment and initiating a system-level integration work based on the system designed in cooperation with researchers in Toyota InfoTechnology Center. If time permits, academic publication(s) based on the output of the internship will be considered.
General Outcome Expectations:
The potential research area may include, but not limited to:
- Generalized use of radar equipment for communication and sensing for information sharing needs of future generation automated vehicles
- Survey of dual use of radar equipment and qualitative comparison of dual-waveform and time-sharing techniques
- Search, compare and identify potential experimental equipment for joint use of radar sensing and communications
- Initiate experimental system-level work to integrate designed systems
- Perform simulations as needed
- Ph.D. student or holder in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Strong knowledge in all protocol layers of vehicular networks, radar systems, and simulation of vehicular networks.
- Programming skills with experience in software defined radios
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within a highly motivated team environment.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to respond professionally in all types of situations.
- Part-time or full-time internship, expected to start no later than mid-January 2018 for a duration up to 3 months (renewable) in Toyota ITC in Mountain View, CA.
- Applicants *must* already have the ability/authorization to work in the USA (Toyota ITC will NOT provide visa support).
To apply for an intern position, please submit your application along with the following materials:
- Cover letter explaining your interest in the job and desired time frame for the internship (optional)
Since 2001, Toyota InfoTechnology Center USA, Inc. has specialized in R&D and business research with a focus on cutting-edge information technologies to advance the driving experience of Toyota automobiles and safety of the automotive industry on the globe. ITC’s current areas of interest include future vehicular network,in-vehicle software and system architecture, vehicle-to-vehicle communication technology, intelligent computing technology including artificial intelligence and machine learning.