Intern, Summer 2018, Simulation Environment Development
Intelligent Computing Division | Mountain View, CA | Internship
Toyota InfoTechnology Center U.S.A., Inc. (Toyota ITC) is looking for a highly self-motivated Masters/Bachelor student in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or related field as a Simulation Environment Developer Intern.
The objective of the internship is to provide interns with opportunities to utilize and apply their knowledge of Unity platform for the development of a vehicle simulator. The intern will be responsible for assisting with creating simulated vehicle network that can mimic the real world in Unity environment. In particular, the intern will implement the prototype for the control of many vehicles inside the simulator.
As part of the research team, the intern will be responsible for:
- Understanding the existing simulator architecture, defining the approach to realize the prototype for control for many vehicles and integration of control with external applications to be implemented in the prototype.
- Implement vehicle control and integration of control with external applications within Unity (using C#).
- Integrate, test and document the simulator with the external applications
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- Coursework/experience should demonstrate expertise in Unity development (environment development, programmatic control, communication, etc.)
- Excellent skills in design & development of prototypes for Unity
- Excellent coding skills in programmatic control of Unity environment (C#, etc.)
- Experience in communication control (e.g. MQTT)
- Design documentation (e.g. system diagrams, development methodology, etc.)
- Part-time or full-time internship for a duration up to 3 months at Toyota ITC in Mountain View, CA.
- Applicants *must* already have the ability/authorization to work in the USA (Toyota ITC will NOT provide VISA support).
- To apply for an intern position, please submit your application along with the following materials:
- Cover letter explaining your interest in the job and desired time frame for the internship
- Reference letters (optional)
Since 2001, Toyota InfoTechnology Center USA, Inc. has specialized in R&D and business research with a focus on cutting-edge information technologies to advance the driving experience of Toyota automobiles and safety of the automotive industry on the globe. ITC’s current areas of interest include future vehicular network,in-vehicle software and system architecture, vehicle-to-vehicle communication technology, intelligent computing technology including artificial intelligence and machine learning.