Intern, Study of C-V2X and DSRC
Network Division | Mountain View, CA | Internship
Toyota InfoTechnology Center, USA, Inc. conducts advanced research and technology development for intelligent transportation system
Dedicated Short Range Communication (DSRC) is a proven technology that allows vehicles to communicate wirelessly with other vehicles and with roadside devices. Recently, cellular industry proposed an alternative communication technology (Cellular-V2X) that is claimed to outperform DSRC in a number of fronts. However, these claims are yet to be proved. Toyota ITC is exploring systematic understanding of C-V2X under realistic communication environments. This internship will investigate various issues in this topic area. If time permits, academic publication(s) based on the output of the internship will be considered.
Working with other members of the team, the intern will take part in the following activities:
- Study and identify challenging communication scenarios
- Simulate vehicle networks with DSRC and C-V2X configurations in these scenarios
- Investigate communication performance and the impact on applications
- Investigate advantages and disadvantages of C-V2X as compared to DSRC
- Document results as appropriate for internal report, standards report, and publication.
- Participate in related studies of US and European comparative studies on the two technologies with team members
- Currently pursuing a MS or PhD in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Strong competences in networking (especially LTE-D2D and IEEE 802.11p).
- Practical understanding of underlying communication techniques in US and European DSRC technologies
- Strong practical problem-solving skills
- Good autonomy and strong oral and written communication skills
- Part-time or full-time (up to 3 months) internship starting in January 2018 at Toyota ITC's Mountain View, CA office.
- Applicants *must* already have the ability/authorization to work in the USA (Toyota ITC will NOT provide VISA support).
- To apply for an intern position, please submit your application along with the following
- Cover letter explaining your interest in the job and desired time frame for the internship
Since 2001, Toyota InfoTechnology Center USA, Inc. has specialized in R&D and business research with a focus on cutting-edge information technologies to advance the driving experience of Toyota automobiles and safety of the automotive industry on the globe. ITC’s current areas of interest include future vehicular network,in-vehicle software and system architecture, vehicle-to-vehicle communication technology, intelligent computing technology including artificial intelligence and machine learning.