Intern, Research on connected vehicle software platforms
Systems & Software Division | Mountain View, CA | Full Time and Part Time
Toyota InfoTechnology Center U.S.A., Inc. (Toyota ITC) is looking for a highly self-motivated Ph.D. student in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Mathematics field as a research intern. Connected vehicle is one major trend in the automotive domain. The connectivity allows vehicle to perform more intelligent driving decisions based on various data received from other vehicle, infrastructure or cloud services, such as collision avoidance or early warning signal. It is necessary to build a software platform that allows vehicle to perform such connected features.
- Study on requirement analysis and architecture design of the connective vehicle
- Formalization of the connected vehicle requirements
- Hierarchical or multi-layer system/software architecture design and analysis
- Build a research prototype using middleware technology
- Performance evaluation of the publisher/subscriber middleware technology (e.g., MQTT or DDS (Data Distribution Service))
- Implementation of a research prototype system based on the virtual driving simulator (e.g., Unity3D)
- Collaborate with a researcher on the writing of research papers
- Currently pursuing PhD program in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Experience of architectural description languages (e.g., AADL, UML or SysML)
- Experience in formalizing system requirements for safety critical systems
- Understanding and experience of pub/sub middleware (e.g., MQTT or DDS)
- Software programming skill enough to demonstrate the research idea
- Experience in writing academic research papers in conferences or journals
- Experience in using Unity3D game engine is preferred, but not required
- Ability to learn new development tools and programming languages required to accomplish the project
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within a highly motivated team environment
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to respond professionally in all types of situations
- Part-time or full-time internship, expected to start no later than mid-January 2018, for a duration up to 3 months in Toyota ITC in Mountain View, CA.
- Applicants *must* already have the ability/authorization to work in the USA (Toyota ITC will NOT provide VISA support).
To apply for an intern position, please submit your application along with the following materials:
- Cover letter explaining your interest in the job and desired time frame for the internship (optional)
Since 2001, Toyota InfoTechnology Center USA, Inc. has specialized in R&D and business research with a focus on cutting-edge information technologies to advance the driving experience of Toyota automobiles and safety of the automotive industry on the globe. ITC’s current areas of interest include future vehicular network,in-vehicle software and system architecture, vehicle-to-vehicle communication technology, intelligent computing technology including artificial intelligence and machine learning, Smart Grid.