Intern for Fall 2017, Machine Learning
Intelligent Computing Division | Mountain View, CA | Internship
Toyota InfoTechnology Center U.S.A., Inc. (Toyota ITC) is looking for a highly self-motivated PhD/Masters student in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or related field as a Deep Learning Intern.
The objective of the internship is to provide interns with opportunities to utilize and apply their Deep Learning knowledge to implement algorithms in a vehicle simulator. The intern will be responsible for assisting with developing Deep Learning algorithms for the control of one or more vehicles inside the simulator.
As part of the research team, the intern will be responsible for:
- Understanding the vehicle simulator architecture and the existing implementation to realize the prototype for modifying the behavior of one or more vehicles and communicating telemetry data with external modules.
- Implement deep learning techniques using Deep Learning frameworks like TensorFlow with Python and C++.
- Currently pursuing a PhD or Masters program in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, etc. or related field with experience in Deep Learning, Machine Learning
- Coursework/experience should demonstrate expertise in Deep Learning and Python/C++ development
- Excellent skills in implementing deep learning, machine learning algorithms
- Excellent coding skills in C++, Python, C, etc.
- Experience in using deep learning frameworks like TensorFlow, Caffe, Theano, etc.
- Design documentation (e.g. system diagrams, development methodology, etc.).
- Part-time or full-time internship for a duration up to 3 months in Toyota ITC in Mountain View, CA.
- Applicants *must* already have the ability/authorization to work in the USA (Toyota ITC will NOT provide VISA support).
- To apply for an intern position, please submit your application along with the following materials:
- Cover letter explaining your interest in the job and desired time frame for the internship (optional)
- Reference letters (optional)
Since 2001, Toyota InfoTechnology Center USA, Inc. has specialized in R&D and business research with a focus on cutting-edge information technologies to advance the driving experience of Toyota automobiles and safety of the automotive industry on the globe. ITC’s current areas of interest include future vehicular network,in-vehicle software and system architecture, vehicle-to-vehicle communication technology, intelligent computing technology including artificial intelligence and machine learning.