Intern, Digital Twins (Modeling and Analysis) of Connected Cars
Systems & Software Division | Mountain View, CA | Full Time, Part Time, and Internship
This internship position, Digital Twins (Modeling and Analysis) of Connected Vehicles, involves analysis and development of models for vehicle components in the context of connectivity. This work is part of a research effort to develop a Digital Twins environment for connected vehicles.
Objective of this Internship is to provide intern with opportunity to:
- Study vehicle models which span multiple physics domains with varying degrees of fidelity
- Develop a theory of multi-fidelity modeling and how the different fidelity models are related
- Assist in the development of a prototype which illustrates the theory
This internship may include the opportunity to publish results in a research publication or participate in a joint patent.
- Currently pursuing a PhD degree in electrical engineering, computer science, or mechanical engineering.
- Knowledge of MATLAB/Simulink.
- Familiarity with the Modelica modeling language.
- Familiarity with the Unity game engine is desirable, but not required.
- Ability to engage in general research activities as a result of ability to define problems and issues to be addressed, finding and using research data, and being able to make recommendations and findings in writing and in presentations.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to respond professionally in all types of situations.
- Part-time or full-time internship for a duration up to 3 months in Toyota ITC in Mountain View, CA.
- Applicants *must* already have the ability/authorization to work in the USA (Toyota ITC will NOT provide VISA support).
To apply for an intern position, please submit your application along with the following materials:
- Cover letter explaining your interest in the job and desired time frame for the internship (optional)
Since 2001, Toyota InfoTechnology Center USA, Inc. has specialized in R&D and business research with a focus on cutting-edge information technologies to advance the driving experience of Toyota automobiles and safety of the automotive industry on the globe. ITC’s current areas of interest include future vehicular network,in-vehicle software and system architecture, vehicle-to-vehicle communication technology, intelligent computing technology including artificial intelligence and machine learning.