FALL/WINTER 2018 Intern, Vehicular Cloud Testbed Development
Intelligent Computing Division | Mountain View, CA | Internship
The objective of this internship is to provide the intern with opportunities to utilize and apply his/her knowledge of software development and virtualization towards creation and evaluation of a lab scale proof-of-concept testbed of the “hierarchical virtual vehicular edge and cloud computing system”. The internship will include understanding the existing system components and the software, in addition to expanding the capabilities of the system by adding new hardware and software elements.
Internship period: Immediate opening, term ends by March 15, 2019, full-time or part-time.
As part of the research team, the primary responsibilities of the intern will include:
- Understanding all hardware and software components of the “hierarchical virtual vehicular edge and cloud computing system” currently under development in Toyota ITC
- Adding new hardware and software elements to the existing set-up, documentation and maintenance of the testbed
- Developing/modifying existing software for Raspberry-Pi , NVIDIA TX2 and other similar developer modules
- Integrating the hardware components (R-Pi, TX2, etc) with a 3D visualizer (e.g. Unity 3D)
- Understanding and modifying the software architecture and the interfaces to integrate the SUMO traffic simulator with the 3D visualizer and the OMNet++ network simulator
- Implementing “micro-cloud” formation algorithms on the testbed
- Implementing content placement methods on the testbed
- Performing experiments to characterize the performance of various micro-cloud formation and content placement algorithms developed throughout the internship
- M.Sc. student or holder in Computer Science.
- Strong Python, C++, C#
- Familiarity with Java
- Familiarity with Raspberry-Pi, NVIDIA TX2 and similar developer modules
- Familiarity with traffic simulators (SUMO preferred) and network simulators (OMNet++ preferred)
- Part-time or full-time internship at Toyota ITC in Mountain View, CA.
- Applicants *must* already have the ability/authorization to work in the USA (Toyota ITC will NOT provide VISA support).
Since 2001, Toyota InfoTechnology Center, USA, Inc. (ITC) has specialized in R&D and business research with focus on cutting-edge information technologies to advance the driving experience of Toyota automobiles and safety of the automotive industry on the globe. ITC's current area of interest include future vehicular network, in-vehicle software and system architecture, vehicle-to-vehicle communication technology, intelligent computing technology including artificial intelligence and machine learning.