Researcher, Data Management for Advanced Mobility Platform
Database Systems Group | Minato, Tokyo, Japan | Full Time
Connected cars are emerging as a ground for cutting-edge technologies in the automotive industry. Communication between cars, edge, and cloud computing has great potential for sophisticated new mobility services, e.g., advanced sharing and mobility services with autonomous cars and dynamic map services for connected cars including autonomous cars.
With the advent of this new technology trend, many kinds of sensor data such as camera images, LiDAR point cloud as well as CAN (Controller Area Network) data will be collected from millions of connected cars, and accumulated on the cloud storage, which will eventually grow up to exabyte order.
To leverage potentials with such Big Data for innovative service creation, increasing demand for high performance and highly efficient database management arises. TOYOTA InfoTechnology Center, Database Systems Group is conducting research projects including database management systems and data management technology for connected cars.
TOYOTA InfoTechnology Center, Database Systems Group is seeking talented candidates for a researcher involving full-time research on High-performance and Highly-efficient Database Management Systems for Advanced Mobility Platform.
Primary Performance Responsibilities:
Research on Database Management Systems including:
- Distributed and parallel databases;
- Query processing and optimization both for OLTP and batching;
- Storage, indexing, and physical database design;
- Protocol design for vehicle-to-cloud and in-cloud network communications;
- Uncertain, probabilistic, and approximate databases for spatio-temporal data including dynamic maps;
- Streams, sensor networks, complex event processing for incident detection;
- Graph data management, RDF for road networks and contextual query.
- M.S. in Computer Science
- 3+ years of research experience in database and distributed systems.
Experience & Skills:
- Proficiency in database management systems, data management technologies, distributed systems, and transaction processing.
- Skills of computer programming for research prototype development.
- Knowledge of compilers and optimization.
- Knowledge of distributed consensus algorithms.
- Ability to engage in general research activities, e.g., planning, time management, and team building.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a highly motivated team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
To apply for this position, please submit your information with the following materials:
- A cover letter explaining why you would like to work with us;
- Latest Resume/CV;
- Any other information that you think we should consider when reviewing your application.
Our mission is changing the experience of mobility, by providing expanded options built on innovative research and technology solutions. Our work utilizes the resources of vehicles, infrastructure and emergent technologies to provide tangible benefits to the public by enabling stress-free mobility of people and goods.
Our current areas of interest include future system, network and software architecture of connected cars, data center systems and applications, mobility services, etc.