Software Engineer, Networking
Engineering | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
SambaNova Systems is an AI innovation company that empowers organizations to deploy best-in-class solutions for computer vision, natural language processing, recommendation, and AI for science with confidence. SambaNova's flagship offering, Dataflow-as-a-Service™, helps organizations rapidly deploy AI in days, unlocking new revenue and boosting operational efficiency. SambaNova's DataScale® is an integrated software and hardware system using Reconfigurable Dataflow Architecture™ (RDA), along with open standards and user interfaces.
We have an opportunity for a Software Engineer candidate that will develop cutting-edge communications libraries for AI, ML, and scientific applications, participate in developing, testing, and debugging very high-performance network architectures, and help set the direction for the future scale-out software and hardware technologies.
- Develop and maintain a communication stack with industry-leading performance and capabilities
- Innovate new communication patterns and topologies across software and hardware
- Work across teams to ensure maximum system-level performance and accuracy
- Guide and mentor more junior engineers
Skills & Qualifications
- Proven experience developing applications using industry-standard Linux RDMA APIs and libraries along with TCP/IP, ideally also including experience with accelerators such as GPUs or similar devices
- Demonstrated knowledge of Ethernet concepts, testing, and debugging is required
- Experience with industry-standard and open-source networking and parallel computing frameworks such as MPI, UCX, DPDK, is desired
- Experience with both InfiniBand and RoCE (RDMA over Converged Ethernet) is a bonus
For this role, the key knowledge required is of the RDMA along with TCP/IC stack, knowledge of InfiniBand and RoCE, and familiarity with MPI and distributed systems. If you have this experience, please be sure to highlight it, or elaborate on it in your cover note.
More about us:
AI is here. With SambaNova, customers are deploying the power of AI and deep learning in weeks rather than years to meet the demands of the AI-enabled world. SambaNova’s flagship offering, Dataflow-as-a-ServiceTM, is a complete solution purpose-built for AI and deep learning that overcomes the limitations of legacy technology to power the large and complex models that enable customers to discover new opportunities, unlock new revenue and boost operational efficiency.
Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, SambaNova Systems was founded in 2017 by industry luminaries, hardware, and software design experts from Sun/Oracle and Stanford University. Investors include SoftBank Vision Fund 2, funds and accounts managed by BlackRock, Intel Capital, GV, Walden International, Temasek, GIC, Redline Capital, Atlantic Bridge Ventures, Celesta, and several others.
SambaNova Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.